I'm very happy with my first ever electric bike!

Hazel2705

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 6, 2011
After MONTHS looking at electric bikes and deciding if I could live without the car I took the plunge and bought a Powacycle Salisbury. I went and had a look at one and gave it a test ride and the guy there was very helpful and showed me how it worked and I loved it so bought it there and then!

After spending 20 minutes trying to fit it in my car and playing musical chairs with the the three children and my friend we finally got going. It is a surprisingly long bike.

That evening I went out for a short ride and had great fun. The next day did the 8 mile round trip to work without even breaking into a sweat and when I got home from work had a quick lunch then told the husband we were going out for a bike ride and spent the whole afternoon on the bike so did 13 miles that day and still had battery left! The next day did the 8 mile round trip again and did a slightly shorter ride in the afternoon so about 12 miles.

Using the bike for the past two days has saved me £10 already as haven't had to pay for petrol or parking charges. I wish I'd bought one years ago!!

My husband said we should have bought two so he could have one but he only has a 2 mile cycle to work so can stick with his normal bike for now.

Willin'

Pedelecer
Apr 2, 2011
Welcome to the world of leccy bikes. I hope you continue to have loads of fun (you will, don't worry) and save loads of dosh as well as getting fitter (unless you are already one of those fit types).

scarrabri

Pedelecer
May 14, 2011
Stoke on Trent
Hey congratulations on your first E/bike ,they are brilliant fun and you will save loads of money not using the car ,i bet you cant wait for your next adventure ,take care best wishes Brian.

steveindenmark

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 10, 2011
Good to hear you are enjoying it Hazel.

I have a Tonaro Enduro and have ridden 60km and still had battery power left. I have had mine for 2 weeks and am so impressed I have just ordered my girlfriend a Tonaro Compy.

I have found the more effort you put in the longer the battery will last. I have also discovered that the throttle will eat the battery power.

Steve

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
Hi Hazel......congratulations on your new bike,believe me it just gets better.....wait till you start discovering some of the fabulous traffic free cyclepaths, I hope you have some near you ?

I have a Powacycle windsor and although compared to some they are a bit gutless I love mine and as long as I dont try to get up some steep hills its great .......and it has certainly been up to some fairly heavy duty cycling.
I think yours will have the same battery as mine and I have found that with judicial use of the power assist, ie......switch it off when not necessary.....then I can get 35+ miles out of a charge.....and I have to admit that I am no lightweight LOL

Anyway, have fun and let us all how you get on.....this is a great forum.....very friendly and lots of help when needed :)

Lynda

Morag

Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2010
Shropshire
Great to hear you are having so much fun with your new bike!

Genesis750

Pedelecer
Oct 22, 2010
Ditto. tried the trek fx+ and alien typhoon before buying a 2009 pro connect through this site. all the reports here suggested the battery would be sha**ed. but not so. have been doing the commute to work 21 miles undulating - usually only two lights out on battery. this weekend i changed the 23tooth rear for a 20 - big difference in speed. i can now peddle up to 21 on the flat. i knew it would drain the battery faster but was pleased tonight to get home 36 miles still 2 left on the battery. 2.4hrs so average 15mph. wouldnt dream of doing this without the motor.