In The Times Today

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
was it this ?

and dont forget ebike shop has been selling bikes with dongles since day 1 so there all at it but with the new bosch smart system and gps tracking 247 could mean the end to all dongles and could use customs to end all kits getting in to the uk if they wanted to but bet it will never happen.

and dont forget all the corporation's that use riders on ebikes for delivery's as they have exploded in the last year or 2.

georgehenry

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2015
Surrey
From my perspective there are too many negative articles appearing about cycling in general as well as ebikes. It may die down but they keep popping up.

I said in another thread, "In a post Covid era of Big Government, with politicians interfering more and more in an individuals life, jumping on whatever populist bandwagon is rolling by at the time to reassure themselves of their own egos in the hope of securing an extra vote or two, and more damagingly having the power to make ill informed new laws, it is becoming harder and harder for minority groups to remain under the radar and enjoy whatever their minority interest is without it either being banned or entangled in a myriad of new ill conceived rules, regulations and red tape."

Reactions: flash

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
corporations and greed run this planet it is all about the money power and total control and bit buy bit they are brainwashing everyone to believe there bs.

there are more excess deaths now than covid and msm is not interested and the same all over the wold but now the planet is going to die so that's more important when china does not give a crap makes most of the wind turbines and solar panels yet builds coal powerd stations every month lmfao.

we burn the dinosaurs to charge our batts and when the batt dies we throw it in the bin and buy a new one at rip of prices as that is called renewable.

my eclectic batt powerd hoover died the other day and had 6 18650 cells for 22v and they dont make them anymore and only 2 years old :rolleyes:

georgehenry

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2015
Surrey
Nothing is built to last anymore.

However my Henry vacuum cleaner is still going!

I am a child of the cold war but the world feels more divisive and dangerous now than it did when I was a kid.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc and Stanebike

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
our hetty is still sucking fkn thing rips the rugs of the floor :p

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
From my perspective there are too many negative articles appearing about cycling in general as well as ebikes. It may die down but they keep popping up.

I said in another thread, "In a post Covid era of Big Government, with politicians interfering more and more in an individuals life, jumping on whatever populist bandwagon is rolling by at the time to reassure themselves of their own egos in the hope of securing an extra vote or two, and more damagingly having the power to make ill informed new laws, it is becoming harder and harder for minority groups to remain under the radar and enjoy whatever their minority interest is without it either being banned or entangled in a myriad of new ill conceived rules, regulations and red tape."

The upsurge is from the anti cyclist media , the daily hate and graph are two of the cycle haters. I belive more so has the anti cycle feeling been generated since the HWC changes in giving , not just cyclists but all vulnerable groups supposedly more rights on the road. A lot of these rights are not adhered to and too many drivers simply don't apply them or bother too, there are many haters out there driving.

Fat Rat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2018
UK
"The law states that e-bikes are only allowed to travel at up to 15.5mph on public roads and those that go above this speed must be licensed and insured. As a result, all mainstream manufacturers use software or other tools to limit the speed their e-bikes can travel."

Another accurate statement from a news paper :(

1 Its not an e-bike its a pedelec
2 There is no speed limit only an Assist limit we can pedal as fast as we like legally just with no assistance.

I really hate news papers.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I blame the replacement of metal parts with plastic.
Oh I dunno - my Dyson DC02 and DC14 are still extracting unbelievable quantities of dirt from apparently clean carpets.

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
In the death mentioned in the times article, the rider was acquitted.
The deceased ran into the road right in front of the rider and it was estimated that even if the rider had been traveling at the specified legal speed(15.5mph) he had 1.4 seconds to react.
It was judged that he had not enough time to react and it was the actions of the pedestrian that was responsible for their own demise.

Yet the Times failed to highlight these facts as they don't fit in with the narrative of the article.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Drivers are much more anti-cyclist than they were in the 70s and 80s, when I cycled last before 2 years ago - they're much worse this past year - this could be reaction to our increased numbers on the roads, or highway code changes.

At this time of year, I expect negative press to focus more upon pedelecs, ebikes and escooters.

With unlimited road vehicle increase on limited roads, and if there are many cycling accidents in 20 years time, I wouldn't be surprised if pedelecs and bicycles were restricted to pavements, or banned in some highly congested areas.

Last edited:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Sajid Javid blames father of five-year-old cyclist for letting child ride on road in viral video

The former Chancellor of the Exchequer is the latest Conservative politician to weigh in on the controversial clip

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Sadly too many drivers think they own the road and won't stop or ceed to a cyclist or pedestrian. I saw that Vine raised this on a news link earlier this morning , the route is meant ot be a traffic calmed one and though the speed wasn't of concern absolutely the driver should have waited or been more patient.

Hopefully the police will be having a word with the driver or even may give him a fpn, if the dad hasn't reported him.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Sadly the driver will get the 75% not guilty or not in wrong verdict as the bias from other drivers vs non drivers will act in his favour.

matthewslack

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2021
The car should have waited, but as a rider I would anticipate a reasonably high chance that they would not unless forced to by me taking the lane. So I would ride assertively in the middle of the lane, upright, hands on brakes, slowing and ready to stop, eye contact directed at the oncoming driver.