Intoduction and asking for advice

Blazs

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 16, 2017
Edinburgh
Hi all from the sunny Edinburgh,
after few weeks of stalking the Pedelecs forums I have decided to join.
I live in Scotland, commute to work on a 2005 Giant CRX.
My Home2Work commute is a fun 3.8 K downhill ride (takes about 9-10 mins), half of this ride is on footpath and the other half is on road.

Going home is 5.8K ( different route, all on road), which takes about 21-24 mins depending wind, etc.
I am thinking of buying a pedelec, which can carry a 183 cm, 92kg reasonably fit 50 year old man up on longish slopes.
I would appreciate any recommendation from the members, I have been looking at the Karoo, the Alamo and the Momentum upstart.
Thanks a lot,
B

Mac_user82

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 16, 2014
E-bikes don't make good money second hand at all the best thing you can do really is try most of the models on the market and see what is right for you

At the end of the day its free to test ride take the advantage of doing so and enjoy the experience you are doing to receive no one on the forum can give you this experience

Everyone can advise you but what might be right for some one could be completely wrong for someone else only the experience you gain from this will answer your questions

Dom T

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
Hello to you all, just saying hi, got me one of these about a year ago
http://www.tredz.co.uk/.Haibike-Sduro-ALLMTN-RC-Full-Suspension-MTB-2016-Electric-Bike_88322.htm?gclid=CjwKEAjwv7HABRCSxfrjkJPnrWgSJAA45qA2hzrnNB_Xf-ZJs5rE7UJf4LgMF7TkyRG2ptr3CBEF3xoCN6bw_wcB#
best thing since sliced bread, although currently just being sent back to germany as the sealed crank/motor unit seems to have too much movement.
I'm 53, female and really love my bike.
About to pop off to scotland 7 stanes soon so hope it's done before then, if not a replacement is needed.
Dom x