Introducing me and my new Bike!

OxygenJames

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2012
Hi there.

Having just lost my licence - there's two journeys I just cant do on public transport (I'm in London) - one to the local park for a walk (4 miles there and 4 miles back) - and then to the sports club I go work out (2 miles). And I dont want to cycle becuase there is a big hill I have to go up to go anywhere.

So I looked around at all the choices - test rode a few bikes - and finally came up with the Oxygen Sport. Black. Looks super cool. Great battery and easy to control. Tried an Oxygen in Richmond and really liked it. Tried the German Kallkoff too - but couldn't get to grips with the pedalling thing - I'm not going to be using it for communting so I like the simplicity of an always on if I want it always on twist and go control.

As it happens they dont have the Sport but they do have the E-city and if I get it in black - which I am - and put off-road tyres on it then its the same as the sport apart from the derailier - but I am not going to do any serious off-road stuff so I dont care about the derailier being not quite so good in mud (which the sport one has).

So.

It arrives tomorrow! I am so excited!!!! (like a kid before Xmas). Of course its not as fast as my current bike (Yamaha R1) - but as I said I wont be using that for a while - and from the short trip I tried the Oxygen for in Richmond it is going to be just fine.

Thanks to everybody here - reading here helped me narrow down which bikes I was going to look at.

James.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Hi James, welcome to the forum. We've plenty of m/bikers and ex m/bikers in here and from time to time get the lost licence recruits like yourself. Easy to achieve on an R1.:( Hope you get plenty of fun on your new steed, different but at least as enjoyable in a different way. With the cycling as well as the work-outs you'll end up super fit!

Eaglerider

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 25, 2011
East Sussex
Welcome indeed from another Yamaha rider, (FJR). Hope you enjoy your forthcoming E-Bike activities. Its great fun, and I can't get enough.

OxygenJames

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2012
Thanks Flecc and Eagle rider.

Yes I've noticed my R1 was a tad quicker - but heck its nice not to be constantly worried about the men in blue huh? YOu can almost do what you like on these things and nobody seems to care! (well within reason of course). Anything but be toed to buses for the rest of my life. And even using the buses aint so bad - you get to meet other people - well you get to see them anyway - and not just as a blur in your rear view mirror (which was how I saw most people up till now).

Ride on!