Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Where is the handle to lift it by?

MikelBikel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2017
Ireland
Congrats, a decent looking folder, my favorite kind of bike! it looks good. Like the discs, neat hinges and the battery & cables hidden in the frame, tidy, if only the handlebar cables could be too, eh.
Any details on its load carrying capacity? Catches to keep it folded and prevent damage? Can one roll it folded? Any front load carrying attachment points?
(Comparing it with my Dahon, Brompton and Woosh folders)
Sorry for all the noobie questions.
Cheers

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4366

It looks quite nice, but I don't see a chainwheel guard for when you fold it. Is there something that folds down or is that an omission?

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
It looks quite nice, but I don't see a chainwheel guard for when you fold it. Is there something that folds down or is that an omission?
Belt drive, so there wouldn't routinely be a chainwheel guard other than a slightly over-sized disc fitted to the front ring.

D

Deleted member 4366

Belt drive, so there wouldn't routinely be a chainwheel guard other than a slightly over-sized disc fitted to the front ring.
That's not what I mean. Folding bikes have a stand under the bottom bracket so that they don't drop on the chainwheel when the front is no longer supported by the front wheel. That would be even more important with a belt drive.

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
That's not what I mean. Folding bikes have a stand under the bottom bracket so that they don't drop on the chainwheel when the front is no longer supported by the front wheel. That would be even more important with a belt drive.
Some have a stand, some don't.

Depends on the design.

Bromptons, for example, do not because the back wheel 'folds under', keeping the chain ring proud of the ground.

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

MikelBikel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2017
Ireland
And Dahons have their "landing gear", a sprung wheel that bolts under the bottom bracket, on recent models.

D

Deleted member 4366

What happens on other bikes is irrelevant. This one needs something, and the image doesn't show that it has something. That's the point.

spanos

Pedelecer
Feb 18, 2011
At the risk of being shot down..... Isn't this incredibly masculine paint job ?

And the market for step through folders such as this, I'd have thought, contains a large chunk of women who may be put off. Or indeed men

The less kind version of the above is - it's like a 17 year old Essex boys 1l hatchback....

• Agree
Reactions: jwm

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
I can't see how it folds. Doh
That's the point, it's not clear from the image how this bike folds.

It may be like my AVE, which I describe as a semi-folder.

The frame is rigid, but the front wheel spins through 180 degrees, and the handlebars flop down against the frame.

MikelBikel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2017
Ireland
Zoom in and you'll see the Dahon pattern hinge and latch just in front of the frame arch over the motor.
Does the motor brace the frame when it's bolted in, coz it seems possible flex there, arching over it? Tho i expect they beef the frame up to compensate, more alloy:cool: