Is battery docking station interchangeable?

Tabman55

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 26, 2021
Might sound like abit of a stupid question but I know these battery’s can be no joke if something does happen, I have a 48V and 52V battery with same docking stations and wondered if I can just slide it off and on with 1 of the docks and nothing bad will happen in result to the docking station or battery

matthewslack

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2021
Might sound like abit of a stupid question but I know these battery’s can be no joke if something does happen, I have a 48V and 52V battery with same docking stations and wondered if I can just slide it off and on with 1 of the docks and nothing bad will happen in result to the docking station or battery
By docking station do you mean the battery mount on the bike?

If so, it comes down to the voltage rating of capacitors inside the controller, and possibly the display on the bike.

If you mean something else, clarify!

Tabman55

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 26, 2021
By docking station do you mean the battery mount on the bike?

If so, it comes down to the voltage rating of capacitors inside the controller, and possibly the display on the bike.

If you mean something else, clarify!
Yes the battery mount, my controller supports both 48V and 52V I’m just wondering if there is something inside the mount which is for a certain V and could cause an issue by using a 52V on the 48V’s mount or vice versa

matthewslack

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2021
Yes the battery mount, my controller supports both 48V and 52V I’m just wondering if there is something inside the mount which is for a certain V and could cause an issue by using a 52V on the 48V’s mount or vice versa
All (two!) of the generic type mounts I have looked inside contain nothing but the contact pins and in one case a 35A fuse. If in doubt, open them up and look. For a better assessment here, post pictures.