Is it just me.........

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
I really do not understand why anyone would think that just because someone is enthusiastic about their make of bike, that they are ' feeling the need to browbeat anyone into agreement '.....??

I really dont mind whether anyone agrees with my choice at all.....everyone makes their own choice according to their needs, and there are lots of other bikes I like as well as the one I currently have, and I love hearing about other peoples choices and the reason behind their choice.....I find it very informative and try to mentally file the information for future reference.

At the moment I am following the folding bike debate with huge interest as I have it in mind to maybe get a folder in the future, fit it with an EZEE kit and keep it in the boot of the car, ready for use when out and about.
When reading the threads about all those clever men who fit their own kits/motors / controllers etc I am full of admiration, but realise its beyond my expertise, but I still find it interesting to read about it.
And again try to learn what I can

I am very interested in learning about all types of electric bikes and just wish that we could ALL concentrate on that without constantly making personal jibes......we have enough Asses, Mules and Donkeys here in Spain.....if I want any further contact with them I go to the Donkey Sanctuary ..... not an e-Bike forum :D

Lynda :)

steveindenmark

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 10, 2011
Some of the girlies are throwing their teddies out of the prams.

Eddio..You have obviously never ridden the East coast of Denmark, where I live. We may not have mountains but it undulates....a lot.

eTim.....I would call the Tonaro..agricultural...which is just as well because it gets hammered across farmland every day of it`s life. If I was just going down to the corner shop for my bread and milk I would have possibly considered something more refined. It does the job I wanted it to do. I suppose I could have paid twice as much for the bike if some little guy in China had smoothed all those welds down. But to be honest I am more interested in riding it than looking at it.

I am sure there are lots of good e bikes out there and I have never claimed that the Tonaro is better than any other. I enjoy coming on here and posting a few photos to brighten the place up every now and again.

I hope through all my posts on here that I have been polite. I do not give a tinkers cuss what any of you ride but I am interested reading about what you do with your bikes. I would mention Lyndas mountain account but then again that was on a Tonaro.

If you don`t want to read my posts, then don`t read my posts. But being negative and rude does neither youself, this forum or the promotion of electric bikes any good.

If it upsets you all so much may I suggest that you skip over any post that has Tonaro in the title. Either that or start showing us what your bike can do.

Steve

lemmy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Thank you for the opportunity of plugging the TONARO again
Isn't that exactly what many people here don't like? Why do you feel the need to plug your choice of bike? I ride a Kalkhoff. It suits me and may suit others and I'm happy to explain my choice. Others do that and we all learn which is what I like about this forum. But I am confident in my personal choice and don't feel the need to say things like that.

Enthusiasm is good and can be infectious at its best. But it's very boring for other people when it's just a re-iteration of what amounts to 'my bikes is best yah boo!'

I'm with eddieo on this. The only really unforgivable thing on a forum is being boring.

Scottyf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 2, 2011
Your all grumpy old men.

I've been on car forums with 17 year old's that although lack the experience and knowledge that you've accquired over the years, have the same moaning patterns.

Thats one of the main reasons I liked this forum. Because of the individuals and experience. Now your just as bad.

I'm sick of it.

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
Are we all sick of being sick to ?

What fun, more popcorn please :p

Jerry

wurly

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2008
Yeovil, Somerset
We aren't all grumpy old men Scotty :0)

Argument for arguments sake, is something many folk use as their entertainment, probably instead of watching TV.
I can't be bothered with it. If someone wants the last word in a discussion.......have it, i'm busy doing other things.

steveindenmark

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 10, 2011
Lemmy the Plugging the Tonaro was said tongue in cheek. It was teed up like a golf ball ready to hit it out of the park.

I can only say again that I have never said Tonaros were better than any other bike. I cannot judge because it is the only one I have ridden. It appears now that all the Tonaro owners are getting a slating because we all state how good we think the bike is, especially for the price. We have not all clubbed together to say how good these bikes, we are just expressing our opinions. Have you thought that possibly it may be true?

As for being boring. Discussing the charging period of a battery for the umpteenth time comes high on my list, but I have never seen it described as boring.

It appears that we are now at a stage where we are no longer allowed to comment on Tonaro bikes. I can`t tell stories of riding across the danish countryside. Lynda cannot send reports back of how it has made riding up sun drenched mountainsides so much easier for her.

Oddly enough I cannot see it stopping us expressing our opinions. Can you?

This is my last word on the subject as I don`t want to become one of those old guys in the balcony on the Muppet show.

Steve

Last edited:

Scottyf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 2, 2011
But least these two guys are funny...

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Thats one of the main reasons I liked this forum. Because of the individuals and experience. Now your just as bad.

I'm sick of it.
Don't worry Scotty, it's just confined to two threads and only there because there's little else of substance being posted at present. As soon as some things of e-bike interest crop up, this other side will subside as it always has done previously.

As the religious say, "The Devil makes work for idle hands".

lemmy

Esteemed Pedelecer
because there's little else of substance being posted at present.
True. It seems there is little real development in ebikes to discuss at the moment and I suppose with power type and restrictions by law and the bicycle itself being fully mature and developed, there is not much to discuss that is strictly ebike concerned. Bosch motors and so on are good but essentially more of the same, as are the different marques. For a given price you get what you pay for.

I've just bought a Specialized Allez road bike and I'm finding it a revelation to ride having never had a sports bike before. It weighs well under 10kg and just puts a smile on your face with its nimbleness and speed. I've done 2 circuits of Richmond Park on it this week and it knocks 4.5 minutes off my ebike time.

Because it's new to me, it all seems fresh and exciting , though these bikes have no more development left in them than the ebikes do.

But gear changing with the brake levers and with tyres the thickness of a washing line - it's as much of a change of going from my 125cc trail bike to my first 750cc four was. I can't keep off the Allez at the moment, really rejuvenated my interest in cycling for fun as opposed to transport.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Sounds great Lemmy, a really light sport road bike takes some beating for sheer cycling pleasure, and the contrast from even the best of e-bikes is remarkable.

Caph

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 29, 2008
Nottingham, UK
Is it just me or are other readers becoming sick and tired of the seemingly constant barrage of publicity by owners and sellers of Tonaro bikes?

Indalo
I couldn't agree more Indalo, I'm particularly becoming sick and tired of people posting links to these bikes on sale. These people are getting just a bit too pushy for my liking:-

link

indalo

Banned
Sep 13, 2009
Herts & Spain
I'm particularly becoming sick and tired of people posting links to these bikes on sale.
Forgive me Caph for drawing attention to what appeared to be a remarkably cheap example of an ebike that some members on here had praised highly. It did seem like a bargain on the face of it so I thought it might be of interest to anyone considering that make, wavering, unsure about the normal retail price.

I'm not quite sure about the point you seek to make but I feel it's some kind of cheap shot. Well, that's ok. You're welcome!

Enjoy your weekend.

Indalo

bazwaldo

Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2010
Well I have just read the whole of this thread and all I can say is Tonaro owners please post anything you want.
The initial basis of this post just seems very negative to me and I would much rather read positive, enthusiatic points of view about any topic or Ebike brand/type.
Come on negative posters lighten up and enjoy things a bit more! :)

Barry.

Blew it

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2008
Swindon, Wiltshire
Pidgeon **** welding:

Welding tracks can either be left 'raw', or they can be 'dressed', a labour intensive and therefor costly process.

Dressing pidgeon **** welding proves one thing.

You most certainly can 'Polish a turd' :p

bazwaldo

Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2010
Welding tracks can either be left 'raw', or they can be 'dressed', a labour intensive and therefor costly process.

Dressing pidgeon **** welding proves one thing.

You most certainly can 'Polish a turd' :p
Well I don't know if this is negative or positive but it certainly is vulgar and lowers the tone of the forum.
Please can people refrain from this sort of language?
Sadly I hear this sort of rudeness at work, in Pubs, everywhere in society and I find it very depressing.
Standards seem to be constantly moving downwards.
Maybe I am old fashioned or too sensitive but I would rather posters expressed themselves without using this sort of language.

Barry.

Caph

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 29, 2008
Nottingham, UK
I'm not quite sure about the point you seek to make but I feel it's some kind of cheap shot. Well, that's ok. You're welcome!

Enjoy your weekend.

Indalo
Just enjoying the irony. It made me chuckle. No harm intended.

Hope you're enjoying the sunshine!