• Max rider weight 105 Kg's
  • Providing up to 50 Km's range
  • Charged in under 3 hours
  • Frame & Fork Aluminium 6061
  • Super light easy fold
  • 5 Easy moves
  • Folds in under 10 seconds
  • A great cycling friend
Seemed to have good /average reviews online when being sold for £1.5k.
I would need it for a 7.5miles x 2 (15m total) commute each way in London with 1 short but steep hill incline (200-250 feet over half a mile)

Ideally looking for lightest solution.

my work MIGHT provide cycle to work scheme at which point id probably buy Estrali bike for £1.2k which would work out net net same as this bike (which isnt available on a scheme). Obviously work might not offer it so if there isnt massive difference in quality might just get this one whilst offer lasts.

Not sure what other choices available...other than perhaps Fiido D3S....

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
Probably a pretty poor bike, but what can you expect for the price?

The battery will be very small. Capacity not given, but 3 hour charge probably means 5ah or 6ah, so max not much over 200wh. 50kms will be with a light rider in ideal conditions and minimal assistance on the flat; realistic range with hills may be 15 miles, or less if you use heavy assist. Also it won't have many cells parallel, so will probably suffer from severe voltage sag when heavily loaded (eg hills).

Single gear, which will also severely limit any help you can give to the motor on hills.

richtea99

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 8, 2020
At £599 and 15Kgs it's a bargain - assuming it's got a warranty (Perry will sell you blue one direct with warranty for £799).
However, it's a bit tight on range (maybe 20 miles, maybe not) and power according to the reviews (weak on hills).

This honest seller says 'Real world range is more like 20-25km using the medium to higher levels of assistance.':
The other thing to note is that it's not much cop for tall folk.

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
At the end of the day, the battery is usually the most expensive cost of an electric bike. Even if it's made up of non branded cells. So expect a fairly mediocre bike at that price.

My first ever bike was a Cyclamatic. I think I purchased it for something like 400 quid, but we're talking years ago. It had a few problems, one of which was the battery. So, I had to do a warranty claim on that.

My phylosophy now is, spend the big bucks on the battery and the rest on good quality bike components.

bela89

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 17, 2022
At £599 and 15Kgs it's a bargain - assuming it's got a warranty (Perry will sell you blue one direct with warranty for £799).
However, it's a bit tight on range (maybe 20 miles, maybe not) and power according to the reviews (weak on hills).

This honest seller says 'Real world range is more like 20-25km using the medium to higher levels of assistance.':
The other thing to note is that it's not much cop for tall folk.
thank you for the response. do you think an estrali at £1.2/1.3k will be significantly better? thinking of this one:
says battery is 6.4 so presumably not much better.
Regarding assistance - im a reasonably fit (more of a calisthenics / powerlifting than running) 5'10 / 75kg dude - i see myself primarily needing assistance during the one hill (which tbh i can always push the bike up) - & plan on keeping it at my desk & charging during day at work so i think it should last.

im just concerned that by time work figures out whether there will a scheme or not then this deal will be gone & ill have to pay much more. Who knows i might find out that im not cut out for ebiking at all hah.

do you know of any other potential good ones in this price range? taking into account lost pension contributions due to salary sacrifice, the estrali one would be close to £200 more expensive on a net basis...ASSUMING work approves the scheme.

bela89

Jul 17, 2022
6.4Ah is pretty poor for a battery, IMHO, it'll be dead within a year.
is 7ah significantly better? thats what the MiRider has but thats 1.6k...
in any case the thread for now is a bit moot as Perry has raised the price to £999 so wont be buying from them out of principle hah.

which leaves the Fiido D3S. This website has it for <£600 and with a 7.5ah....

not sure how credible the website is though...but if i can find it in that price range does it make sense? bit concerned about 14" wheels though...but atleast ive seen the brand recommended plenty around here...

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
take a look at the £999 Woosh Rambletta. It's well equipped, lightweight, can take child seat, good range, good price and you can probably get it through your cycle to work scheme too.
Lots of folding bikes don't have low step. If you want to fit a child seat, you can't step through with the child in the seat. Lots of folding bikes don't have high enough gearing, you would have to pedal like clappers to reach the speed limit. Not many folding bikes have a suspension seat post or a cassette motor. The Rambletta have those nice little touches to make the bike a pleasure to ride.

https://wooshbikes.co.uk/?rambletta

• Agree
Reactions: robert44 and flecc

richtea99

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 8, 2020
Re: Perry & estarli - they're near as dammit the same bike. The difference is the Perry has a front hub motor and the eStarli has a rear hub motor. The rest appears to be identical.

Oh, hang on - the top estarli image has a rear motor, but scroll down to the additional images and it's magically made its way to the front wheel, just like the Perry:

Hmm, that's really not going to give you a comfy feeling. One or both are just box shifters.

Go for the Woosh. You'll get a decent bike, and real support (as evidenced by their replies on this forum - have a search).
The only thing against it is weight - 20kgs, but you get a real usable ebike, not a half-solution.

• Agree
Reactions: Stanebike and flecc

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
The bottom line in this market is you get what you pay for.

It's the equivalent of buying a £150 car out of the snips. Will it work - maybe for a short while then things will start going wrong and it will pack up in a matter of months.

The ebike craze has brought forth hundreds of companies who have been into this a year or two, and are buying mass produced cheapo BSO's from the far east.

Cost to you £530. What do you think it cost them ?. 400 ? 300 ?, less maybe.
You cant get a cheap non Ebike for that sort of money that is worth its salt, you just cant.
They are the Ebike example of the phrase 'You can't polish a turd, only roll it in glitter'

bela89

Jul 17, 2022
The bottom line in this market is you get what you pay for.

It's the equivalent of buying a £150 car out of the snips. Will it work - maybe for a short while then things will start going wrong and it will pack up in a matter of months.

The ebike craze has brought forth hundreds of companies who have been into this a year or two, and are buying mass produced cheapo BSO's from the far east.

Cost to you £550. What do you think it cost them ?. 400 ? 300 ?, less maybe.
You cant get a cheap non Ebike for that sort of money that is worth its salt, you just cant.
They are the Ebike example of the phrase 'You can't polish a turd, only roll it in glitter'
Yep I've decided to give this one a skip. I'm thinking of getting a Fiido D21 if company approves cycle scheme, a Fiido D4s/Himo z20 if it doesn't.