Is this all I need?

RogerA

Pedelecer
Jun 21, 2021
I've been waiting for a Woosh hub kit for a couple of months, but they've now been delayed again so I thought I'd look elsewhere. I've looked at TopBikeKit and think I've selected all that is needed but would appreciate a check from someone in the know.
Screenshot_20210705-215110.png

I'm intending to pair this lot with an x-go rack battery from eBay, so want the controller to fit in the battery case. I'll be using existing brake /gear levers, hence the hidden wire sensors, and I'm not interested in a throttle. I'm happy to build my own wheel as I've done that before, and there didn't seem to be any prebuilt 250W cassette wheels available.

Any thoughts? Will this lot fit together? Have I missed anything?

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
It looks OK to me. The buttons on the LCD4 are very small, so don't expect to be able to use them with gloved hands in the winter.

A throttle is useful for testing if nothing else.

I prefer the 8 or 10 magnet magnet disc PAS, which are more durable and reliable.

I also prefer the controllers with block connectors because the sealed ones are virtually impossible to test if you get problems. Plus, you have to deal with all the excess wire from the too long cables.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If not using brake sensors then one could opt for the 1T2 cable which would give the option of installing a throttle later.

davell

Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2017
Doncaster
If this helps with your application:-
The T06S controller is:52*31*81mm. I asked topbikekit the question when I ordered mine. You need a little more length on the 81mm side for the cables though.

RogerA

Pedelecer
Jun 21, 2021
It looks OK to me. The buttons on the LCD4 are very small, so don't expect to be able to use them with gloved hands in the winter.

A throttle is useful for testing if nothing else.

I prefer the 8 or 10 magnet magnet disc PAS, which are more durable and reliable.

I also prefer the controllers with block connectors because the sealed ones are virtually impossible to test if you get problems. Plus, you have to deal with all the excess wire from the too long cables.
Thanks for that. Good point about the sealed connectors and excess cable. If I go for the T-06S with block connectors I guess I could put a HWBS on the rear caliper, and if I don't use a throttle or front brake HWBS then I'll still only have 1 cable to run to the display.
I like the look of the small KT4, and usually only use fingerless gloves anyway so I think I'll stick with that.
I chose that PAS because I've got more space on the left side, and didn't fancy the hassle of trying to fix a PAS to the chainrings. Do you think it's a bad choice?
I might get a throttle just for testing purposes then.

RogerA

Pedelecer
Jun 21, 2021
If this helps with your application:-
The T06S controller is:52*31*81mm. I asked topbikekit the question when I ordered mine. You need a little more length on the 81mm side for the cables though.
thanks. It's got dimensions on their website now. It says 85*32*53mm, so slightly bigger than you were quoted. Maybe that's to allow for a cable, but it seems a bit tight for that.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
You can fit the 8 and 10 pole PASs to either side. You need to fit a BB lock ring on the left side to clamp the sensor.

If you go with your chosen PAS and you plan to use your bike in all weathers, maybe buy an extra one as a spare while they're cheap.

Now that I think about it, I don't think HWBS works with the waterproof cables - wrong connectors. You have to use the magnet sensors if any. I don't have any brake switches with my KT controller and I don't miss them.