Is this another good everyday workhorse?

indalo

Banned
Sep 13, 2009
Herts & Spain
I don't know as I've never ridden one but I spoke with a chap who lives near me and he loves his. There's lots of rubbish out there so it needs careful consideration but the UMs seem reasonably well-equipped and Halfords can fix them......eventually.

electric bicycles | eBay

Indalo

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Amazing isn't it, just about every e-bike on ebay is claimed as hardly used, this one 10 miles in a year!

ebay must be populated by philanthropists wanting to make others happy. :rolleyes:

Mussels

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2008
Crowborough
Unused electric bikes are probably a worse buy than those used regularly. If a battery sits unused and uncharged for a year then it's fairly likely to be damaged.

indalo

Banned
Sep 13, 2009
Herts & Spain
Yes Flecc/Mussells; cynicism is a useful tool when operating on ebay. Fortunately, one can ask questions and make judgements accordingly.

There is an excellent dispute procedure in place via ebay and Paypal, where applicable, much better than exists with any street market or newspaper advert. Anybody wishing to chance their arm in ANY auction needs to have their wits about them and ebay is an auction site. The age-old adage should be foremost in the minds of potential buyers, "Let the buyer beware!".

That said, I have bought two bikes that way, both fantastic machines and I'm delighted at my good fortune. For those lacking confidence, either don't play or if you really want to, try cash on collection deals and take a large mate or two along to the pick-up point.

There are bargains to be had!

Indalo

vectra

Pedelecer
Feb 5, 2011
Hi.

Sorry, I was looking at the wrong bike. OnBike has two Raleigh bikes on ebay. These are the ones with the dodgy bids!
Regards
Vectra

Some VERY dodgy bids, or should say bid, made on both bikes for sale from OnBike in Kidderminster. Both bikes have one bid, both bids from the same bidder and the bidder has a significant % of bids with OnBike products in the past 30 days. Smells?

Last edited:

Biged

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 7, 2010
Watnall, Nottingham
No bids on it now?
Don't know what a new battery would cost if reqd but the bike looks very tidy, it's either done very few miles as stated or the seller is a dab hand at cleaning, right down to the tyres :)
If i could not collect i would be a bit skeptical, the seller having no FB :(