It was touch and go

steveindenmark

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 10, 2011
At the weekend I had a dilema.

Do I buy a Tonaro Enduro or do I buy that lovely Royal Enfield 350cc for my next winter project. The e-bay countdown button was clicking down and even with a minute to go I was undescided. I could have got it for less that the Enduro and it was so nice.

But I stood firm and the Enduro won. It is now on order and will soon be winging it`s way to Denmark. Probably the first one.

I will be using it for my 40km round trip commute to work and have decided to console myself a little by awarding myself £6 per day, for every day I use it to ride to work. These £6 are in lieu of petrol and wear and tear and will go in the restoration fund for my next motorbike project.

When it arrives I will write a review with photographs and may even make a short Youtube video of my ride to work on it. I have a glorious ride to work which you may enjoy seeing.

Steve

EdBike

Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2010
eBay countdown timers are dangerous ;) But I'm guessing you made the right choice? How could you know.

40km a day is a healthy distance - is yours an especially scenic commute too?

Maybe once you've got your new electric bike, you could share a bit about it (with video?) here: Electric Bike Owners and Stories | Share Your Own Stories

steveindenmark

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 10, 2011
I live out in the sticks in Southern Denmark and have a choice of 4 routes to work. One of them is on a main road but is still a pleasant ride, especially at 4.45am on a summers morning, just as the sun is coming up. I usually do not pass another vehicle en route to work and if I pass 3, well that is rush hour. The other 3 are glorious rides. I cannot tell you how lucky I am to live here.

I am not too sad about the Royal Enfield as I still have my Moto Guzzi to finish.

But I will certainly report back on the Enduro.

Steve

timidtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 19, 2009
Cheshire
GambiaGOES.blogspot.com
What a choice to have to make - I think you probably got it right: with the money you save by buying the ebike first you will be able to buy the Enfield. If you had bought the Enfield first the cost of restoring it would soon have you languishing in the poor house unable to afford a mouldy crust of bread let alone a brand new ebike!
Best wishes and may the ewind be ever at your back!
Tom

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
At the weekend I had a dilema.

Do I buy a Tonaro Enduro or do I buy that lovely Royal Enfield 350cc for my next winter project. The e-bay countdown button was clicking down and even with a minute to go I was undescided. I could have got it for less that the Enduro and it was so nice.

But I stood firm and the Enduro won. It is now on order and will soon be winging it`s way to Denmark. Probably the first one.

I will be using it for my 40km round trip commute to work and have decided to console myself a little by awarding myself £6 per day, for every day I use it to ride to work. These £6 are in lieu of petrol and wear and tear and will go in the restoration fund for my next motorbike project.

When it arrives I will write a review with photographs and may even make a short Youtube video of my ride to work on it. I have a glorious ride to work which you may enjoy seeing.

Steve
Congrats Steve....bet you cant wait :)

Lynda

steveindenmark

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 10, 2011
Was it an English or Indian Enfield?
I think it was an Indian.

At least I have now got time to search for an English RE with matching numbers.

I am really looking forward to the Enduro providing it does not rain like it did today in Denmark. We had hailstones bouncing all over the roads as well.

Steve