just got a powabyke mk1

okmate

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 3, 2011
Hi guys i've just purchased a powabyke mk1 off an auction site for just £30
only had it a day the picture is when i bought it but will upload one tommorow when i get chance to show you what it looks like after a clean
first impressions are wow charged it up and went for a drive it was great i've serviced as best as i can at the mo but would like to regrease the rear hub and motor also rear drum brake needs adjustment when i was riding it there was a strange noise fromthe rear which seems like bearings in the back wheel or maybe lose spoke well as you can see i cant shut up about it

i love it so if any one can give me some info on the above i would really appreiciate it thanks in advanve guys

$(KGrHqUOKnIE4N+OY8n4BOMpKW2Wsw~~0_12.jpg

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
Sorry I cant be any help.....but thats one heck of a battery you've got there !
The only thing I have ever heard about them is that, although heavy bikes, they seem to be long lasting 'work horses'........

Lynda

PS.....for £30 you cant be robbed !!

okmate

Aug 3, 2011
thanks lynda the battery is a beast its pretty heavy thinking of taking the motor apart tommorow for a good service i'm an engineer so should be ok i hope it will sound a bit less noisy

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
Thats handy......sounds like you are well and truly bitten by the ebike bug :)
Lynda

timidtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 19, 2009
Cheshire
GambiaGOES.blogspot.com
Hi Okmate. I had a similar bike years ago. Built like a tank - weighed like a tank but boy, could it climb hills! Very little went wrong with it during its five years with me: sold it to a guy in Norfolk and the last I heard it's still going strong. There are several similar bikes pottering round here - we don't do sophisticated oop 'ere!
Enjoy!

Orraman

Pedelecer
May 4, 2008
Okmate,

Very interested in what you find in your motor.

I have just bought the tricycle version of your bike and the motor is noisy, in this case it is a loud whine but only when the motor is working hard.

Dave

fatts

Pedelecer
Dec 29, 2009
west wales
Motors on the old ones quite noisey, knew one that had done 10,000 miles bearings were ok.I have it now and goes fine still. Very strong and tractor like in build turnrd one into a tricycle and do all manner of silly stunts on rough ground. Took of tricycle conversion and my son uses it to get to the bus stop and back 10 mile a day so he can catch it to work. All on the rough mountain roads and tracks in our part of Wales

Fatts

okmate

Aug 3, 2011
just an update guys i took the rear motor apart (not for the faint hearted)
the screws were very difficult you must make sure you have the correct phillips screwdriver as you will round of the screws they have thread lock on them which makes it difficult when the shell was open there was several other screws to take out plus a bearing the grease was rock hard and black it took a while to clean out the old and regrease but was worth it in the end it made it so much more smoother and quiter
i will post some pictures soon as its taking up to much room and needs to go on a well known auction site
dont worry i'm hooked i now have a currie motor which i'm attaching to my cluad butler
i'm hooked

okmate

Aug 3, 2011
just an update to show you my powabyke after a clean it on a auction site tonight i've moved on to newer thing its addictive i tell ya
[/URL][/IMG]