just got back on the bikes

Old Timer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2009
Hiya

Not sure if there are any of the people I used to talk to on pedelecs?

After a bit of a break re health and sitting exams for my amateur radio ham licence I finally dug out the bikes and gave them the once over. I`ve always kept the batteries charged up and all seems fine on the ride this afternoon.
I took my Powertrek Dynamo out (the oldest of my bikes) and am still amazed at how quiet that rear motor is, power seems just like the day I purchased it. It is the bike that the original Oxygen was based on if you remember.
I`ve been suffering with my back but funny as it is I don`t get a problem when on the bike, I just have to be a bit careful throwing my leg over the saddle ( a step through would probably be better) The original batteries are long gone and have gone over to 36V 14amp li-polymer .
anyway, if anyone remembers me from a few years back then just reply with a Hello.

link to powertrek http://www.pbase.com/davechilvers/e-bike

Dave (Old Timer)

Last edited:
Reactions: mountainsport

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Hi Dave, welcome back. I well remember all your posts and your being a radio ham. As you see, I'm still here as I've been since the first day of this forum's opening in 2006.

Glad to learn your e-bike is still ok.

D

Deleted member 4366

Yes, welcome back. I wondered what had happened to you. Here it is then: Hello!

Old Timer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2009
Hi Dave, welcome back. I well remember all your posts and your being a radio ham. As you see, I'm still here as I've been since the first day of this forum's opening in 2006.

Glad to learn your e-bike is still ok.
Hi flecc, there are a lot more bikes to choose from now. Have there been any new break throughs in battery technology?

Old Timer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2009
Yes, welcome back. I wondered what had happened to you. Here it is then: Hello!
Hiya mate, long time no talk.

mountainsport

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2012
Hiya

Not sure if there are any of the people I used to talk to on pedelecs?

After a bit of a break re health and sitting exams for my amateur radio ham licence I finally dug out the bikes and gave them the once over. I`ve always kept the batteries charged up and all seems fine on the ride this afternoon.
I took my Powertrek Dynamo out (the oldest of my bikes) and am still amazed at how quiet that rear motor is, power seems just like the day I purchased it. It is the bike that the original Oxygen was based on if you remember.
I`ve been suffering with my back but funny as it is I don`t get a problem when on the bike, I just have to be a bit careful throwing my leg over the saddle ( a step through would probably be better) The original batteries are long gone and have gone over to 36V 14amp li-polymer .
anyway, if anyone remembers me from a few years back then just reply with a Hello.

link to powertrek http://www.pbase.com/davechilvers/e-bike

Dave (Old Timer)
Glad your back ! From Old to New Timer and about time too:).

MS.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Hi flecc, there are a lot more bikes to choose from now. Have there been any new break throughs in battery technology?
Sadly no, not as far as any being available anyway. There's been the usual stream of excited announcements from universities and others about battery miracles they've discovered, but as ever they don't come to fruition. Lithium is where it's still at, perhaps only the reliability being somewhat improved.

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
While you've been away, 99% of the forum members have moved away from 2 wheels and we are now riding these:

Battery-Operated-Unicycle.jpg

Easier to store, longer range, only need to replace one tyre when worn, and lots of 'Oh look at me' factor.
The website will be changing name to Unilecs soon!

I'm only kidding of course. Welcome back :D

Old Timer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2009
While you've been away, 99% of the forum members have moved away from 2 wheels and we are now riding these:

View attachment 10715

Easier to store, longer range, only need to replace one tyre when worn, and lots of 'Oh look at me' factor.
The website will be changing name to Unilecs soon!

I'm only kidding of course. Welcome back :D
Hiya
I remember you well :)

D

Deleted member 4366

There's been loads of developments since you've been away. We have a plethora of new crank drives, 18650 cells that can do 3400mAh so you can have a 13.6Ah battery that weighs less than 3kg. We have the Xiongda 2-speed hub-motor that can change down to a lower gear with more torque for hill-climbing. There's the motor that has the integrated gearbox in the BB and the new Shimano STEPS system that will give some sort of automatic gear-changing. We finally answered the question whether hub-motors can climb as well as crank-drives when the Oxygen MTB annihilated the mighty Bosch to win at the World championships., plus a load of other things that I can't remember.

PS How's your pussy cat?

Old Timer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2009
The cat in the picture died just before Christmas at only 4 years old, he just fell over and passed away.(we don`t know why and the vet had a look at him and couldn`t find anything wrong so just one of those things, he was my wifes special mate and she still gets upset.)
We still have four others that were found just wandering around as kittens and we took them in so plenty of cats for now.
That`s why our pets are so loved because they are only on loan to us for a short while.
Some of the new stuff sounds great. I still have my old bikes that I had before and they will do me for riding around the lanes.
I have pushed quite a number of other amateur hams onto this site, lets face it, the world can hear me at times :)

Dave