Just popped my Pedalec cherry...

Svenski's

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 9, 2015
Teeside
Hello one and all my name is Sven (Svenski) and reside in Teeside .. It's taken four months of waiting but I am finally the proud owner of a 2015 Cube Hybrid SUV SL 27.5. The built and spec is fantastic and I look forward to my daily commute.

One thing that i wasn't impressed about was the Nuvinci Hub hadn't been calibrated properly resulting in my maiden voyage being deflated as I was spinning out on the pedals and only achieving 15mph.

But thanks to prior geeking old threads on the forum it was easy to identify the problem and resolve it. So thanks one and all for passing on your experience and wealth of knowledge...

Cheers and hello

Svenski

*Will post some pics as soon as I remember..*

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Welcome to the forum Sven, glad you've sorted the Nuvinci and can now enjoy your Cube.

Kinninvie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2013
Teesdale,England
Welcome aboard.
Nice stealthy bike that,hope you have a decent lock for it!
I have ridden around the Tees barrage area a couple of times,its a nice area away from cars especially when the suns shining.
By the way I live in the REAL Teesdale,not the fake one where the barrage is ;)
Bob

Svenski's

May 9, 2015
Teeside
Just a quick updated bike has recently clocked up 200 miles. And it's been a pleasure to ride.

The hub has been a learning curve, even though Nuvinci claim a seamless CVT system the hub struggles to upshift and downshift when the hub is under load a brief pause in pedalling helps the hub to up/down shift. I have also noticed that when the hub is in under drive you can feel the orbs knocking inside the hub. This gives me some concerns that I'm damaging the hub, my fears were solidified after a recent ride, I had just completed testing the bike on the longest steepest climb close to me (see image) I noticed the hub was leaking traction fluid from the drive side output seal. I can only put this down to the hub getting to hot and the under driveunder drive forcing the hub to burp the seal. I noticed that as soon as the hub was returned back to overdrive the hub stopped leaking. On this discovery i feel the configuration is not best suited for steep climbs.

Other than the hub the bike has had the usual creeks and tick which have all been fixed with aid the of poly grease.

I now look forward to further testing on my daily commute totalling 280 miles per week.image.jpg

Last edited:

awol

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 4, 2013
I now look forward to further testing on my daily commute totalling 280 miles per week.
What? did I just read 280 miles per week?
I hope you have a comfy saddle, how long are you sat on the bike a day? Nice bike too.

Svenski's

May 9, 2015
Teeside
Yes that correct.. My place of work is 34 miles away it takes just shy of 2 hours. And because of these facts I've invested in an ebike to help with the lions share of the commute.

I'm a keen cyclist and have a rear like chamois