Just purchased today :)

mmmdougie

Just Joined
Oct 8, 2016
Essex
Hi, just purchased a powabyke mk 1 few hours ago.plan to use it for commuting 25 mile round trip.
Lovely,comfortable bike,probably need new battery one day and has had the throttle replaced with another that's a bit rubbish so would like to restore it to original one day. All in all nice ride so lets see how it goes :)

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
Welcome, enjoy the ride.

Reactions: mmmdougie
D

Deleted member 4366

IIRC the Powabyke throttle works in reverse electronically, so a normal ebike throttle won't work without modification.

Reactions: mmmdougie

mmmdougie

Just Joined
Oct 8, 2016
Essex
IIRC the Powabyke throttle works in reverse electronically, so a normal ebike throttle won't work without modification.
I've heard that somewhere else... I shall have to put a picture of it up,I was told the current throttle is from a moped,may take it to a dealer to be looked at.should be able to pick up an original throttle somewhere

D

Deleted member 4366

They look the same from the outside, but the magnets must be reversed inside. You can modify a normal ebike one by flipping the magnets, but only the thumb throttles are easy to open. All throttles work the same, so you can use any one you want (with the magnets sorted).

Reactions: robdon