Help! Just put on a 250w eBay kit. Can I turn off the throttle?

Mcdougall57

Just Joined
Jan 2, 2020
Hi there,

Basically I've got a kit from eBay and it works wonderfully. Only bad news is the PAS only works if the throttle is turned on and usable. Living in the UK I could do with just the PAS working.

There are 6 wires coming from the throttle (red,black,white,green,brown,yellow) and I'm wondering if any of these can be spliced or a switch put in to disable the throttle. Could really do without buying a new controller ect.

The throttle is a basic type with just a battery indicator on it so no settings as such.

Kind regards.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
It might be just a crappy speed controller kit and relies on a signal/comms from the throttle/ontroller to allow the PAS to work.
The Green & Yellow are possibly the comms RX/TX to and from the controller that then allow the PAS to work.
Red & Black are the 5v/Gnd wires and white the signal wire.
Brown is likely a lock or power signal wire.

Mcdougall57

Just Joined
Jan 2, 2020
It might be just a crappy speed controller kit and relies on a signal/comms from the throttle/ontroller to allow the PAS to work.
The Green & Yellow are possibly the comms RX/TX to and from the controller that then allow the PAS to work.
Red & Black are the 5v/Gnd wires and white the signal wire.
Brown is likely a lock or power signal wire.
So would bypassing the signal wire theoretically allow the PAS to work without a throttle?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I can't be 100% sure but the system is likely a very basic speed controller cheap system , the controller proabaly needs to see a full working active throttle for the PAS to work correctly.
Which is why we always tell folks to go for a smarter system that utilises a lcd screen with 5 levels of PAS, they cost a bit more but are so much more user friendly. These systems allow PAS to be used with or without a throttle.

A proper link to your kit on Ebay and not just an item number.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH