Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2006
London
Reviewer: Bren from Jersey

Purchased From: 50cycles electric bikes

Purchase Price: £2195

Time Owned: delivered this month

Local Terrain: Very Hilly

"I've just taken delivery of my new Agattu C8 HS Impulse, and boy what a ride! It's beyond all my expectations, a joy to ride, quick, and powerful. I live in Jersey, and whilst its an island thats only 9 miles by 5, its very steep in parts. The Kalkhoff has conquered all!

I've also got a cargo trailer, and yesterday put it to the test with a trip to the local supermarket. Loaded up with a weeks worth of groceries, (40 to 50 Kilos), it was 20 minutes door to door, compared with 15 in the car. With a serious hill climb en route. Given the size of Jersey, battery charge life should never be an issue for me, I just plonk it on the charger at the end of every day.

The hub gearing takes a little getting used to, about 5 minutes, but the feeling of the Impulse drive when you change gears and start off is sublime. And its well made and beautiful!

To top off the whole experience, everyone I dealt with at 50cycles was a joy.

The downside? There is no downside."

Overall Rating (out of 10) : 5 out of 5 for performance, 5 out of 5 for build quality = 10 out of 10 overall

Submitted to 50cycles via http://www.50cycles.com/kalkhoff-review.htm on 15th May 2012