Kalkhoff Agattu For Sale

Pedro

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 17, 2008
My Kalkhoff Agattu is approx 5 years old but is top quality and in excellent condition (see pic taken today) with only just over 1000 miles covered. I originally bought it for commuting to work but due to a change in job, it wasn't practical. The bike cost me £1275 new and I am asking £600 for it. I'm located in Anglesey North Wales. Kalkhoff.jpg

wissy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
Wales
I take it the battery is now too old to hold much charge compared to new?

To help you sell perhaps you should link to any original specs and mention what power it does etc, gears etc?

Ps.. Not seen it around Menai though!!

Pedro

Jun 17, 2008
Thanks Wissy.

Motor type - brushless pedal bearing motor - power output 250 watts
Battery - Lithium ion manganese 26V 10 Ah (260Wh)
Service life 500 charging cycles.
Charging time 3 hours
Gears-7 ( I have used it many times without power and it's perfectly rideable but a bit heavy up hills for my legs :) On longer rides I would just turn on the power up hills.

I haven't used the bike for over a year until last week. I took it for a 15 mile ride on after fully charging. There are three power settings on the bike and I used the middle one for the whole trip and it had 2 lights out of five left on the battery when I put it on charge. I then did a 12 mile (hilly) trip yesterday on the lowest power setting and it had 3 lights out of five remaining. This isn't significantly less than when new. So I would say there is still plenty of life left in the battery. However, you are right, a replacement battery should be factored in within the next couple of years (or if an upgrade for longer range is needed). I've done just over 1100 miles (there is a bike computer with it) Say an average of 10 miles per trip = 110 charges out of an expected life of 500. Also, there is probably a time factor but the battery has a sleep facility so I don't think it has degraded much based on current performance.

By the way I haven't had a singe fault with the bike, which is testament to the quality.

Menai is on the other side of the island to me (Valley)

wissy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
Wales
What size frame?

Pedro

Jun 17, 2008
The frame has a large M on the seat post which i guess is medium. I measured between centre of crank and top of frame at the seat post and it's 54 cm. i am 6 feet and can just touch the ground when seated at the seat height in the pic.

Pedro

Jun 17, 2008
If the battery is a concern, a new one from 50 cycles.com is £325. With that in mind, any sensible offers for the bike? Considering the new Agattu is over £1800

flapajack

Pedelecer
Aug 4, 2013
an identical Spencer was £900/1000 brand new. I think there is not much market for the old 24V motors anymore, considering the superiority of the 36V format. it might work for those needing "just a bit" of help whilst riding sedately but to be honest, why would you get an ebike with the extra weight for only a little bit of extra help - barely enough to overcome the additional weight.

Pedro

Jun 17, 2008
I'd have to disagree, the motor makes a huge difference to normal cycling. Head winds and hills are like riding on the flat.

flapajack

Pedelecer
Aug 4, 2013
if you take a look at the new Agattu, it has 36V Impulse motor with a large capacity battery and hydraulic brakes - all round a very different beast to the old. As said - old technology. :D

Pedro

Jun 17, 2008
Point taken but the technology still works really well. As I said earlier, does anyone want to make an offer?

Pedro

Jun 17, 2008
Interesting Gringo ^^. Shame, it's a lot of bike to prop up the garage wall :)

D

Deleted member 4366

Put it on Ebay, and it'll find the market price. You can send it to anywhere with Paisley Freight for £35.You have to put it in a box that you should be able to get free from any bike shop. if you're able to send it, you'll get a much higher price for it. A step-through one recently sold for £520 and was collection only from Coleford.

Reactions: EddiePJ

Gringo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2013
Northampton
D8veh your probably right, I've been to lazy to set up a eBay account as a seller, it's about time though :)

Leccy

Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2013
Can you post or is it collect only?

Pedro

Jun 17, 2008
I could post for £35 as mentioned by d8veh above. I will now accept £535 for it including postage. It is now on ebay, with the auction finishing Sunday 23rd March

Last edited:

Pedalpower65

Hi. I'm totally new to ebiking, but now need a little help to get around.
This would be my first ever electric pedaller, so I'm quite nervous about batteries and things.
Could I ask, has the bike been serviced regularly, including the wheel hubs etc?
What would be the best price that you could do?
Kind regards
Mark

Pedro

Jun 17, 2008
Hi. I'm totally new to ebiking, but now need a little help to get around.
This would be my first ever electric pedaller, so I'm quite nervous about batteries and things.
Could I ask, has the bike been serviced regularly, including the wheel hubs etc?
What would be the best price that you could do?
Kind regards
Mark
Hi Mark,

The bike hasn't been serviced, apart from general bike maintenance (I'm was a fitter by trade). I'm not aware of any "special" ebike servicing that would be required. The bike is running exactly as it was when new, as it has not been used very much, due to my job change a while back. The battery doesn't have the range it did when new but has a lot of life left in it. I would accept £470 for it including delivery. It wouldn't be worth me selling it for any less.
Regards,
Pedro.