Kalkhoff Connect - first puncture

Mattyduk

Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2007
Well it had to happen some time !

I was going to change it for a schrader inner tube type. Does anyone know what size of innertube i need as the writings come of the failed one - 26" model ?

cheers

Mat

Jim

Finding my (electric) wheels
Dec 4, 2006
Nottingham
26x 1.75- 2.10, standard mountain bike size, available from any decent bike shop and Halfords

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
26x 1.75- 2.10, standard mountain bike size, available from any decent bike shop and Halfords
My Pro Connect has 27" wheels. I thought that they all had this size of wheel, not 26" MTB.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
My Pro Connect has 27" wheels. I thought that they all had this size of wheel, not 26" MTB.
The smallest size Kalkhoffs use the 26" wheels and some other differences, for example the smallest Agattu has different front forks and the front brake mounted on the front of them instead of on the rear as in the other sizes. Both versions of the Agattu are shown below

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
I think Mattyduk is asking about the Pro Connect. I know the small Agattu comes with a 26" wheel, but didn't think that the same applied to the Pro Connect.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I think Mattyduk is asking about the Pro Connect. I know the small Agattu comes with a 26" wheel, but didn't think that the same applied to the Pro Connect.
I knew he was asking about the Pro Connect, but I only had a a photo of the 26" wheel Agattu to show so gave that as the example. I'm sure the same applies to the 45 cm Pro Connect for the same reasons, it's very difficult to design a 28" wheel bike for a short person. (The wheel name on the larger bikes like yours is 28", the overall diameter with a typical tyre)

Last edited:

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
I'm sure your right. It certainly would make sense.

I did hesitate to question your original post. I should have hesitated a little longer. ;)

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
No problem, I did confuse things a bit with the Agattu photos, but 50cycles no longer publish photos of the smaller sizes and I had one of the small Agattu. Unfortunately the 50cycles site bike "details" tabs are generic with nothing about wheel sizes. I know at least one customer was surprised to receive a bike with 26" wheels. :rolleyes:

The Panasonic motored BikeTec Flyers also have 26" wheel versions for the same reasons, but they give them different model name listings.

Last edited:

JamesC

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 1, 2007
Peterborough, UK
Just to confuse things a little more, I noticed the other day at Rutland Water that the Raleigh Dover Deluxe with a StepThru frame is a small 45 cm bike, yet has 700c wheels.

So small frames with the larger wheels must exist at Derby Cycles making it important to verify the spec where wheel size is important.

James

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Just to confuse things a little more, I noticed the other day at Rutland Water that the Raleigh Dover Deluxe with a StepThru frame is a small 45 cm bike, yet has 700c wheels.

So small frames with the larger wheels must exist at Derby Cycles making it important to verify the spec where wheel size is important.

James
That's even odder, since HarryB assures me that the Raleigh Dover is an Agattu clone even though the Raleigh Dover name was only used for the Raleigh Pro Connect clone originally, but the small Agattu has 26" wheels. Of course I'm speaking of the original models so it's always possible the latest small Agattu now has 700c wheels, there being no information about this on the 50cycles site.

HarryB

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 22, 2007
London

James
Did you see the bike in the flesh or are you just going on the written description (they are often wrong with details like this).

JamesC

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 1, 2007
Peterborough, UK
Did you see the bike in the flesh or are you just going on the written description (they are often wrong with details like this).
I saw it in the flesh, and noticed the short seat tube compared with the Kalkhoff Tasman 49cm. But well worth checking again with Lloyd.

James

Mattyduk

Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2007
bump, - can anybody help with this, as I've emailed and called 50cycles twice, once yesterday and once today, but they appear to be a bit busy.

I really want to go and try and get a tyre at lunchtime

cheers

Mat

Mattyduk

Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2007
thanks for that.

for measuring the rim, do you got from the outer or inner edge of the rim for measuring ?

I'm pretty sure it is a 26" wheel, but I'm finding it a bit confusing which tyre to go for 700* 32 etc

cheers

Mat

Mussels

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2008
Crowborough
thanks for that.

for measuring the rim, do you got from the outer or inner edge of the rim for measuring ?

I'm pretty sure it is a 26" wheel, but I'm finding it a bit confusing which tyre to go for 700* 32 etc

cheers

Mat
If it's a 26" wheel then a 700 tyre won't fit, you need 559*x.
Measure to the outside of the rim and it should be just over one of the figures. I think.

Mattyduk

Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2007
right then, it's around 630mm from edge of the rim diameter, so looks like I do have a 28" wheel !

so, a 700 will fit, but what about the second number. Sorry for being bike bonk brain at this, and thanks for your help

cheers

Mat