Kalkhoff Impulse 2.0 replacement motor ?

SunnyRainbow88

Just Joined
Apr 22, 2020
Where could I purchase a replacement motor for the Kakhoff (Daum designed motor)? Is there a made in Germany motor solution equal or better than the Impulse 2.0? To make matters worse, I purchased two Kalkhoff's from 50cycles (winter 2014 and winter 2017, sold on discount to unknowing clients, now out-of-warranty). The click noise and pawl issue started to show up after only less than 3500 Km on the 2014 Impulse Ergo i360 Nuvinci Harmony XXL (chain) and the 2017 Agattu 8-speed with less than 130 Km (Gates belt). The Canadian dealer (Vancouver BC) briefly sold Kalkhoff but lost market interest after discovering the motor problems. Does any body have any schematic diagram how this ebike are wired? Where is the torque sensor located in the inner tube? The 2014 ebike will pedal assist but now it displays speed error even when sensor is OK and plugged connection seem intact and the i360 Nuvinci Harmony automatic transmission no longer works. The 2017 ebike works like normal but with pending click noise creeping up slowly during usage. I was planning to donate the ebike but I hesitate to do it until I fix the issue for safety reasons and emabrassment. Today, there are probably more relaible ebike motors from bosch, panasonic, yamaha and bridgestone. Thanks for your attention.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Where could I purchase a replacement motor for the Kakhoff (Daum designed motor)? Is there a made in Germany motor solution equal or better than the Impulse 2.0?
Daum themselves are the only possibility. They didn't just design the motors, they manufactured them all and also sold them for a while under their own name before Kalkhoff adopted them. Theirs was the first German crank motor, before Bosch et al:

daum electronic GmbH

Manufacturer in Fürth, Germany

Address: Flugplatzstraße 100, 90768 Fürth, Germany

Phone: +49 911 975360

Hours:
Open now

Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Simon.j.crossley

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 5, 2020
I have a Kakhoff impulse two bike am currently "playing" with after buying it for spares or repair.

I found the battery had blown the BMS and reduced the pack voltage is about 12v, anyway I have started the repair . I did a work around to test with another 36v battery and the bike was ok if a little under powered for hills.

Im not impressed with the power but understand there is some OEM setting to make it more poerful on hills..iv not explored this....

anyway rambling on, Im happy to pull the motor for you if you need one, the bike doesnt owe me a huge amount so could do it pretty cheap , you welcome to have a look / test.

Reactions: Muddyfox and flecc

Jonah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2010
EX38
I found this picture of the inside.

M066Y

Just Joined
Apr 28, 2021
I’ve just listed an impulse 2.0 motor on eBay, please take a look & read the description