Kalkhoff Integrale

bikey850

Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2016
UK
Thanks again to all who have provided valuable advice and input. It does appear that the Integrale is a bit of a risk with the high cost and issues with the motor being enough to make me rethink.

I like the look of the Giant Quick E+ which appears to be the same design ethos as the Integrale with perhaps less of the risk.

I understand that the Quick E+ is not available at them moment (or a least showing out of stock on the Giant website).

That it has solid forks would also probably help in the speed stakes.

Any other models/manufacturers that should be considered?

Many thanks,

Jonah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2010
EX38
The new KTM Macina Sport 10 CX5 has a similar 'integrated' look. Available November. Bosch motor £2699

image.jpeg

Reactions: Crockers

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
The new KTM Macina Sport 10 CX5 has a similar 'integrated' look. Available November. Bosch motor £2699

View attachment 15143
Nice bike, and a fair price in today's, er, difficult climate.

But I think the OP wants something he can pedal above 15mph.

Unless (put your fingers in your ears, Col) the OP puts a dongle on it, the KTM won't be fast in the way he wants.

Jonah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2010
EX38
As it's only 20kg, I find my current Macina Cross one of the easiest of my many bikes to ride over cut-off speed.

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
As it's only 20kg, I find my current Macina Cross one of the easiest of my many bikes to ride over cut-off speed.
That's a good weight for a Bosch bike with a sus fork, rack, guards, prop stand, lights, and a carrier.

E-Wheels

Pedelecer
Aug 16, 2016
Thanks again to all who have provided valuable advice and input. It does appear that the Integrale is a bit of a risk with the high cost and issues with the motor being enough to make me rethink.

I like the look of the Giant Quick E+ which appears to be the same design ethos as the Integrale with perhaps less of the risk.

I understand that the Quick E+ is not available at them moment (or a least showing out of stock on the Giant website).

That it has solid forks would also probably help in the speed stakes.

Any other models/manufacturers that should be considered?

Many thanks,
bikey850
Like you, I was interested in the Integrale, but since I have reviewed all the negative comments posted on this site and others re the motors I have revised my opinion and have been researching for e-bikes offering similar specifications like the 2017 Scott E-Silence EVO https://issuu.com/ebikemag/docs/scott-e-bike_urban-2017

Last edited:

Trevormonty

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2016
NZ
The EVO is good choice if you can afford it. Looks like perfect commuter. Low maintenance quiet belt drive and hub gears for those traffic lights.

• :D
Reactions: IR772