Kalkhoff Pro Connect S10 (2012)

Stuart Bowes

Finding my (electric) wheels
Nov 22, 2016
Durham
Dear All,

Due to bereavement I have a pristine condition Kalkhoff Pro Connect S10 for sale. The bike was purchased brand new from 50Cycles in July 2012. Shortly after this date illness struck and the bike has remained indoors with absolutely no use over the past 4 years. In my opinion it looks brand new.

It has a pair of panniers included with it (also purchased from 50Cycles) and the original ‘Certificate of Conformity’. The bike is black with white and yellow graphics. It has a letter ‘M’ on the seat tube. The battery has large lettering that says 18Ah and 60KM.

The bike is located close to Durham City and is available to buy for the price of £1000. You are more than welcome to come and view the bike before you buy, but please respect this is a bereavement sale – no heavy handed hagglers please.

I will take photos of the bike tonight and post online tomorrow. In the meantime please ask any questions you may have – I will do my best to answer them despite being a Pedalec novice!

Kindest regards

Stuart

Stuart Bowes

Nov 22, 2016
Durham
Interested parties please text or call Stuart on 07950 572676. I have inspected the bike further since yesterday and can confirm it is absolutely pristine. The only minor issues I can find are a small scrape on the side of the saddle and both tyres are flat - presumably from standing in storage for so long. Other than the aforementioned it is perfect, not a scratch or scrape anywhere.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Due to bereavement I have a pristine condition Kalkhoff Pro Connect S10 for sale. The bike was purchased brand new from 50Cycles in July 2012. Shortly after this date illness struck and the bike has remained indoors with absolutely no use over the past 4 years. In my opinion it looks brand new.
Some bad news Stuart, after sitting without being charged for 4 years the battery will most probably be as dead as the Dodo... You should take into account that the buyer will probably need to replace it with a new one.

Stuart Bowes

Nov 22, 2016
Durham
Hi 'Another Kiwi',

Thanks for your advice. The battery was charged yesterday and is showing as 100% today when the button is pushed. The kind folks at 50Cycles advised this was the best way to determine the condition of the battery.

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
OK so it may have a storage function and have gone into a sleep mode for all those years. Good luck with the sale.

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
It's the Panasonic drive. One of the best ever. The battery has a sleep mode but four years of sleep......
I think it's 26 volt model so a little les powerful than 36 but still a great machine. It's the one kalhoff built their great reputation on before it was stuffed by the new carp bike:(

Kenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 13, 2007
West of Scotland
Hi Stuart. Your Ergon handlebar grips are facing forward instead of backwards.

Makes the bike look odd and not good for a test ride.:confused:

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Stuart,

Another point to be aware of is the bike is what is called a Speed or S-Pedelec.

The difference being the motor assists until 45km/h rather than 25km/h.

The vehicle category is L1e, and the other clue is the number plate mount by the rear light.

It is not possible to use it on the road legally unless it's registered as a moped, the rider has insurance, and wears a motorcycle helmet.

Registering S-Pedelecs in the UK has proved all but impossible.

It is legal to possess the bike, and legal to sell it, but realistically not legal to use it.

Many people ignore such regulations, not least because there appears no police interest in enforcing them.

Some trade sellers protect themselves by getting buyers to sign a waiver to say they understand the bike is not legal for use as a bike.

As a private seller, you could do something similar.

As a responsible person, you may not want to sell the bike to a buyer who wants something legal and later finds themselves in bother over something they were genuinely not aware.

All in all, it's a bit of a sticky situation.

Not sure what I would do, but if you are an executor of the deceased's estate, you may want to advise the beneficiaries of the position.

http://www.transportpolicy.net/index.php?title=EU:_Vehicle_Definitions#Category:_L

Reactions: KirstinS

nemesis

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 14, 2011
One of the best e-bikes ever built,i had the 2011 and 2012 models when kalkhoffs were the best because of the panasonic motor ,unlike now.
Not sure if batteries are still available for them though.

Reactions: oriteroom
D

Deleted member 4366

If it is a S-pedelec, that makes it very desirable. I think that the "S" in the S10 denotes thatA lot of people will want to buy it if you mention that. I was going to say that a price of £750 would be more realistic, but £1000 is about right for a S-pedelec.

Batteries are readily available and relatively cheap now. Batteries don't deteriorate much if you don't use them, so it's probably OK.

Stuart Bowes

Nov 22, 2016
Durham
Dear All - thanks for all your invaluable advice - the bike is now SOLD to a gentleman who read the advert on this forum.