Kalkhoff ProConnect S

simonbarnett

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 26, 2007
West Hampstead, NW London
As explained in the main forum, I'm having to replace my PCS.

It was bought new from 50Cycles on 25/6/09 for £2295 as a replacement for my Agattu. It was last year's joint poll winner for best ebike on this forum. I can't fault it at all, but need a hub/throttle bike now.

It has the diamond (crossbar) medium (50cm) frame. The motor is the 1.5 assist version (not the latest x2) and has the Shimano Deore XT 9 gears. It's light, fast and really well built, oozing german quality. It has built in good lighting, though the pictures show my extra Cateye for visibility. The battery has been charged after each 12 mile commute and shows no sign of decline (see photo with 5 red lights)- I couldn't tell you the range as I don't ride it further before recharging.

I reckon it's only done about 1200-1500 miles as I only use it 3 days or so a week and won't take it if the weather's filthy. The Continental Topcontact tyres and (brilliant) Magura hydraulic brakes show no sign of any wear. It has a bar-end mirror and schraeder valve converters.

It's in very good condition, though there's been some very minor wear and tear. Some scratches on the battery (see photo) from once dropping it and the battery has lost the sticker on the other side. The pedals are a bit scratched and the silly reflectors fall off them regularly. The computer surround cracked early on (they all do) but it works fine. The bar ends have some minor scratches.

Pricing? Aldby sold his for £1500, but no-one's would be as mint as his :rolleyes:. I'm going to aim for £1400 on Ebay. Forum members can buy until it goes on Ebay at a discount :) to £1250. The current (x2 power) PCS is £2595.

That's a collect price and I'm in Swiss Cotttage. I can deliver within reason in Inner London, otherwise it's for your cost.

PM me if you're interested.

ProConnect S 015.JPG
ProConnect S 013.JPG
ProConnect S 007.JPG
ProConnect S 005.JPG
ProConnect S 004.JPG

simonbarnett

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 26, 2007
Missing a treat

Well I'm away to Italy on Saturday. Unless one of you dozy lot :D snap this up by my return, it'll be off to ebay :( . But I'd rather it went to a good home, or maybe I should keep it?:cool:

simonbarnett

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 26, 2007
Kalkhoff ProConnect S 2009

I didn't get round to selling this last summer. I've been using the Wisper, so it's had no use since, bar charging the battery which still shows all 5 lights.

Flecc's formula (which assumes no battery value at all) would price it at £1235 now. Any forum offers? - as I'm under strict instructions to Ebay it tomorrow:eek:

C

Cyclezee

Hi Simon,

Can you hold off from putting it on eBay for 24 hours, I know somone who might be interested, but be warned he is Scottish, and not as nice as me:rolleyes:

Previously known as Aldby:p

Last edited by a moderator:

simonbarnett

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 26, 2007
Always ready to wait for someone special

Hi Simon,

Can you hold off from putting it on eBay for 24 hours, I know somone who might be interested, but be warned he is Scottish, and not as nice as me:rolleyes:

Previously known as Aldby:p
Get back early tomorrow as we're away soon and want it 7 day listed on eBay ...as you know a great bike and shame if it goes to someone who doesn't appreciate it.

C

Cyclezee

Sorry Simon,

I thought the gent in question had been in touch with you.
Word of advice, if you need it. If possible do a 10 day auction ending on a Sunday evening;)

bankie

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 22, 2010
Milton Keynes, Bucks
Hi Simon
Just noticed that you did not get my message on the 4th July (lets hum it - da de da da da da.) that I had checked the contents of my sporran and decided that the Hoff was out of my price range. I even emailed Aldby the same night to let him know that I had contacted you. I've just looked at my 'sent messages' and indeed its not there' so Ive obviously screwed it up. Please gimyaa break as it's over a year since I sent a message. For goodness sake, I don't even know how to imbed a smilie. Things were easier when I used chalk and a slate when I started school in 1942.

Awrrabest

Bankie

simonbarnett

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 26, 2007
Pro Connect S stolen

:mad:I had just sold this to Snipenose, but it's been stolen from my driveway overnight. Police on case but keep an eye out for it on gumtree/ebay etc.. Giveaway is the thief has no key or charger.