Keen cyclist back in the saddle after many years not riding - Moustache Electric Bike Review

Martin@e-bikeshop

Esteemed Pedelecer
Hi Guys,

Had to share this lovely story, its well worth the read! One of our customers was so happy with his new eBike he wrote in to share his story.

Here's a snippet..

When I first moved to Church Stretton in the South Shropshire Hills, I gave my mid range 27 speed (hardly used) touring bike to my fourth son to use as a commuter. Even on the flat, my knees hurt too much after a 30 mile ride. I was 60 and decided that my cycling days were over. This area is lovely, but the roads that do not have 40 ton trucks passing through, are all straight up or straight down. Well straight in terms of gradient, in odd places the roads are straight themselves for up to 100 yards at a stretch. Every so often I missed cycling and wondered if an electric assist cycle might help to scratch the itch.
Full story here

Regards
Martin

Reactions: pdarnett and Hugh

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Pity he can't spell ascent, or more likely, his spell checker can't understand the difference between assent - agree, and ascent - climb.

Likewise scarred for scared.

mike killay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2011
I really enjoyed that article. It mirrors so much of my own experiences, except that I am now 71.
I use my bike for local trips here in hilly Swansea and also during my regular forays to the WW1 battlefields in Belgium where I have seen so very much more than when I used to go on guided tours in a mini bus. Simple things like being able to explore narrow lanes or even ride over turf. Sadly, I discovered a British Commonwealth cemetery, all identical headstones placed there in the 1920's but with an extra row of 1940's graves from the retreat to Dunkirk. Even the local guide did not know that one.
For shopping, I have a folder living in the car boot. I can now drive to town, but instead of joining the mad maelstrom going around and around looking for parking, I park in a residential street a mile or so out, get out the bike and merrily trundle around the thickest of traffic, something that would be impossible for me now on foot. All I need now is a very lightweight folding trailer.