keen to tour cyclist, with not so keen legs

Alan A

Just Joined
Sep 3, 2015
bought 2 E bikes for my wife and I as retirement present.
I am keen to do some touring, but am aiming high as hope to cycle the Pennine Cycleway from Derby to Berick on Tweed

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
bought 2 E bikes for my wife and I as retirement present.
I am keen to do some touring, but am aiming high as hope to cycle the Pennine Cycleway from Derby to Berick on Tweed
Should be a good adventure.

What bikes - and more importantly - batteries do you have?

Battery capacity management will have to be done right because conking out in the Pennines on a tour loaded ebike will not be pleasant.

Alan A

Just Joined
Sep 3, 2015
My wife will not be doing the ride, and I am looking for some other ebike riders.
I have a Kalkoff Pro Connect 36Ah battery.
Done about 1800 miles so far and enjoying it. I get around 90 miles on a full battery in the peak district, although my back side can only manage 50 - 60 miles in one go

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
My wife will not be doing the ride, and I am looking for some other ebike riders.
Done about 1800 miles so far and enjoying it. I get around 90 miles on a full battery in the peak district, although my back side can only manage 50 - 60 miles in one go
I suspect the 36 you quote is volts, but no matter, your range of 50-60miles gives you a fighting chance.

On most tours, you wouldn't be looking to go further than that in a day, most days.

jonathan75

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2013
Hertfordshire
We had two threads about saddles recently, I recommend a look http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/index.php?threads/22025/