Kill two birds with one stone

Old Timer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2009
1st.
a visit to the hospital on Thursday and had an Echo Sound done on my heart:eek: the operator of the gear told me he was hard pushed to find any trace of the heart attack I had a while back:D So! does that mean I can order a new top of the range Wisper now and should get value for my money as I might be around for a while.:D

2nd
One of our Cyclamatic folders has a noise coming from the hub:eek: I phoned to talk to them, they issued me a collection number and it will be picked up on Tuesday, if it is simple and can be easily repaired it will be done, if not they will replace it with a new bike, no questions.
Obviously we are yet to see the outcome but it sure looks promising and puts your mind at rest.

Dave

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Pleased to hear of this good news on both things Dave. A very small proportion of these internally geared hub motors do suffer the odd early failure so they will probably be familiar with the issue. It could be just a Hall sensor connection or fitting a new nylon gear set, but if not they'll probably just swap the wheel or bike.

Once they've run for a few months and settled down, they usually go on for years trouble free so lightning is unlikely to strike twice.

onmebike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 3, 2010
West Essex
Great news about your heart Dave, must of caught it in the nick of time.
I've always been pretty confident Sporthq would come through on their guarantee's.
I'm a little concerned that your keeping pretty quite about your latest purchase? Maybe you'll start a new thread on that when you've had time to test it fully.

Old Timer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2009
Great news about your heart Dave, must of caught it in the nick of time.
I've always been pretty confident Sporthq would come through on their guarantee's.
I'm a little concerned that your keeping pretty quite about your latest purchase? Maybe you'll start a new thread on that when you've had time to test it fully.
By my new aquisition I gather you mean my new Synergie Mistral bike rather than my new live in 21 year old nurse:D

I`ll do a review on the Mistral soon when I`ve ironed out a couple of things (fingers crossed:(

Dave

Bigbee

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 12, 2008
Glad to hear your good news regarding health.

I guess SportsHQ take the percentage view,ie a certain number will fail and its more cost effective in the main to just replace rather than repair.My brother is retiring from the TV business,he said as plasmas and lcd's came in it was easier for the manufacturers to replace rather than repair

Ratzakli

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 14, 2010
Congratulations about your heart check up - I've got my own 6-monthly one coming up next month so fingers crossed! ;)

I also have a Cyclamatic from Sports HQ and, so far, I have found them to be a very helpful bunch. :)