KIS or AMS ?

timidtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 19, 2009
Cheshire
GambiaGOES.blogspot.com
Keep it simple/add more simplicity - seems to have gone out of the window and beyond the hill.
I'll tell you what I want, what I really really want - a basic bike that happens to be electrically assisted. My own choice is step-through, though the traditional frame is stronger. I want to be able to potter along, uphill and down, at about 12 mph. I want strongly-spoked wheels and 26" (Oh, I know! I'm 1936 vintage and only do metric when I'm on holiday in France ...) puncture-proof tyres. I want about 40 miles range between charges, and the ability to use a variety of batteries. Four speed gears. Oh, and a five year guarantee on the life of the battery would be good. What else? Mudguards, luggage rack & panniers and an on-the-road price of about £1k. Nearly forgot - a hand throttle so I start off in a straight line.
I bet who-ever comes up with that will sell a million! Some of the advertisers on here are very nearly there - just a tad more attention to the battery life, perhaps?
Best wishes, and may the sun continue to shine!
Tom

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Your best bet would be a six or more speed Shimano derailleur Tom, but used with an SRAM Shimano-compatible twistgrip control. That control is what I use and it gives the option of going straight to any gear you want, meaning you only need to use the four you want and need. My bikes have been six gear but I generally only use four as described.

How about the eZee Forza EV with 26" wheels at £895? L/H twistgrip throttle already, add the SRAM R/H twistgrip gear control mentioned and get them to upgrade the standard 10 Ah battery to the 20 Ah one and you'd have what you desire for around £1000.

P.S. The eZee in-frame battery fitting is unique in being standard to all models for 10 years now, and you have the choice of batteries you mention, 10, 14 or 20 Ah, all fitting into the same mounting. You can even have a second battery dual-connected in an adapted eZee carrier, original or after-market fitting. The tyres in that Forza are puncture resistant, but you could swap them to Marathon Plus for the ultimate protection.

eZee Forza EV

Last edited:

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Our Kudos Safari bike is close.
Its step through,very strong frame
26" wheels
Big fat tyres
40 miles would be if you didn't use the throttle too much-30/35 more reasonable
To get 5 years that means LifeP04,which the Safari has-2 years guarantee on battery.
Strong mudguards,rack and giant panniers.
Nexus 8 speed hub
Twist grip throttle
also
motorcycle style kickstand
LED internal lights
simple PAS display
Suspension front forks.
£995.00,less £100 if you sign up to the Ambassador Scheme
One million sold to TimidTom from Cheshire!!!
KudosDave

Last edited:
C

Cyclezee

Keep it simple/add more simplicity - seems to have gone out of the window and beyond the hill.
I'll tell you what I want, what I really really want - a basic bike that happens to be electrically assisted. My own choice is step-through, though the traditional frame is stronger. I want to be able to potter along, uphill and down, at about 12 mph. I want strongly-spoked wheels and 26" (Oh, I know! I'm 1936 vintage and only do metric when I'm on holiday in France ...) puncture-proof tyres. I want about 40 miles range between charges, and the ability to use a variety of batteries. Four speed gears. Oh, and a five year guarantee on the life of the battery would be good. What else? Mudguards, luggage rack & panniers and an on-the-road price of about £1k. Nearly forgot - a hand throttle so I start off in a straight line.
I bet who-ever comes up with that will sell a million! Some of the advertisers on here are very nearly there - just a tad more attention to the battery life, perhaps?
Best wishes, and may the sun continue to shine!
Tom
Not quite a million sold unfortunately, but we did sell one of the same models as recommended by Flecc this morning to a young lady from Sheffield.

What I did find amazing was that it fitted in the back of Skoda Fabia without removing a wheel:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:

Geebee

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 26, 2010
Australia
I would not mind trying an Ezee myself as everyone that has one seems to love them, and they all say they climb well.
2 problems in Australia, the $2,400 price tag and the step through Forza is ummm how to put this, not pretty.

C

Cyclezee

I would not mind trying an Ezee myself as everyone that has one seems to love them, and they all say they climb well.
2 problems in Australia, the $2,400 price tag and the step through Forza is ummm how to put this, not pretty.
Hi Geebee,

Just to clarify, the Forza EV is not the same animal as the Forza Mk2 RWD.

If you are located near an eZee dealer I recommend that you try one.

Gloworm are distributors for Australia and their list of dealers is here Dealers | Glowworm Bicycles - Electric Bicycles Sydney or speak to Maurice at Gloworm (02) 9569 9126 and tell him Cyclezee said you could have a 100 bucks off the list price of an eZee bike;)