Kit to convert 2013 Cube Stereo 160

Rick JW

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 8, 2020
Hello, I have been looking at a lot of the kits available and found this site as it listed a cube stereo that had been converted.
I have a cube stereo 160 carbon frame 2013. Im looking for help and advice for what kit is the best compromise.
I have look at Bodgeitnscarper's build that looks good, but would that work ok with a carbon frame?
The other option is something like Sparks71's build. I have looked at MTX rear hub kits, the reviews look good as well .
For that I will have to concert the rear through axel? The rest is fairly simple with a hub kit?

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
The last thing you want to do is put put a big DD motor in the rear of your bike. it would completely ruin it, if it were possible, but it isn't. carbon frames can't take the motor torque, so you can only fit a middle motor, and even then, you're going to have to do some complicated fabrication to get one to fit. because you have the wrong type of BB.

Get a cheap bike as a donor. You don't need anything special when you have an electric motor to help you. Tell us what you want to do with it.