kits for cargo bikes?

Alex728

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 16, 2008
Ipswich
My Transition group wants to use cargo bikes or bikes pulling trailer to deliver local produce.

Now Ipswich actually has a fair few hills contrary to the stereotype of East Anglia, so they agreed that e-bikes could be worth investigating.

As well as ready made bikes, what are good and relatively affordable kits at the moment? I am only after stuff which is readily available in Blighty (rather than waiting 6 weeks for parcels to arrive from China)?

Also does anyone know of places selling second-hand Powabykes etc, either reconditioned or for bits? I reckon these could be good workhorses for this purpose...

the bikes will only be serving about a 5-10 mile radius and be returned to a central point in town so range isn't that much of an issue, so I would expect SLA batteries are still feasible..

Tim

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2006
London
We had some fun with this set up on a Sahel Comfort last year - it rides really well. That's a full week's worth of shopping in there. The idea is that you can carry a passenger or two on the back as well, with optional stoker handlebars and footrests.