KT-LED890

Kwozzymodo

Pedelecer
Sep 9, 2017
Lincolnshire
I am working with an lcd890 coupled with an S-06S. I can get the kit working and can select Lo, Med and Hi speeds and see battery life. Has anyone managed to programme a unit to enable the speedo? I have looked online and have seen some instructions that set wheel size, and maximum speed, along with P1 to P5 (as per the lcd3). Apparently, if you switch the unit on, then press the on/off and mode buttons together, you can get into programming mode. All I can get with this is the power level buttons flashing in sequence a couple of times, followed by the battery status light staying on.....

I’ve also noticed that the PAS has reversed polarity.... no idea how I have managed to do that!

Any help/guidance appreciated.

D

Deleted member 4366

Flip the magnet disc to get the PAS working the right way. It's always best to get your KT controller working with an LCD before running with anything else.

What are you using for a speed sensor? Does the controller have the separate connector for a speed sensor or is the white wire in the hall sensor connector?

Kwozzymodo

Pedelecer
Sep 9, 2017
Lincolnshire
I’ll flip the PAS sometime today. The speed sensor is the white wire in the Hall Sensor connector. All works well when I use an LCD3 on the system. I am thinking programming issues?

Kwozzymodo

Pedelecer
Sep 9, 2017
Lincolnshire
Got that one , thanks. And there is an intro document to setting max speed and wheel size. I can’t seem to persuade the unit to go into programming mode - pressing on/off and mode buttons together after switching the unit on get the lo, med and high lights flashing in sequence a couple of times and then the first battery light stays on. I am thinking that this light means the unit is ready to adjust P1...., but it doesnt seem to want to let me change max speed and wheel size, which are adjusted using the speed display and the on/off and mode buttons. I have not seen the speed display light up, so something is not quite right. I will try transferring data from an lcd to the led890 using the ‘special cable’!

Kwozzymodo

Pedelecer
Sep 9, 2017
Lincolnshire
So, I switched the PAS back so the motor works when I pedal forwards. Then the meter started working properly on its own, showing speed as well as battery level and speed mode. And then it stopped working properly! So, it looks like a wiring issue and an intermittent one......

The hall sensor connector is the issue, I believe, as the unit works fine, with the exception of showing speed.