KTM Corner

Kinninvie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2013
Teesdale,England
FOUND IT!
Guess how many double brandies I had?

Click on the pic to make it easier to count.

Reactions: TinKitten

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
I've kind of over done the riding over the last week or so in respect of my knees, and due to the hedges around here being cut, every ride for the last few weeks has thrown punctures into the equation, so spoiling things. Sadly, the WTB Vigilantes are the worst tyres that I have ever had for fitting, and on the last ride, I came very close to making a phone call to be picked up. Freezing cold and unable to feel my hands, I broke two good quality levers, and managed to put a hole through the tube when a lever slipped just as the tyre went on. I've been having a long chat to my friend that owns an mtb shop, and after much deliberation and weighing things up, I'm going tubeless. I'm aiming to do this on Friday/Saturday, so decided that in the meantime, I'd give the bike a bit of a Birthday. I was kind of surprised when I spotted that I've already clocked up nearly 400 miles on it. Not bad for just evening and weekend use. The time has passed very quickly, and I've certainly become fitter through using it.
Anyway, the bike is all set to go, the rims and tyres have been thoroughly cleaned and are spotless in readiness to install the kit, and then hopefully, I can at last run the slightly lower pressures that I want, and also have a puncture free ride.

Paying the January tax bill aside, I also feel that a Panasonic hub drive bike is on the horizon, mtb or cross. The Macina Lycan is a superb and faultless bike, but there is something missing and it has been tugging away at me. I've missed the more relaxed feel that a hub drive has to offer, and sometimes it would be nice just to go out for long ride, without feeling quite so focussed, if that makes sense. The Macina Lycan has become more of a tool for a job, and one that it excels at, but every now and then I fancy stepping back a bit and enjoying the ride. Somewhere along the line, I've slightly lost the fun edge of it all. It could also help to explain why I have been enjoying letting others use the Macina Lycan, whilst I just pedal along behind. As daft as it sounds, I can relax.

Out on the pedal only bike tomorrow morning for a short New Years day blast. :)

Last edited:

TinKitten

Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2014
Abergavenny
www.pottylou.co.uk
If you go tubeless then please let us know what you think. As you may remember from before, I met a mountain biker locally who swore by it and in investigating it I found all reviews of Stans No Tubes to be very well received. In addition I noticed tubeless was mentioned in a box out in a MTB magazine I bought recently as one of the things they wouldn't be without. I do a mix of road / off-road so its really the road riding I'd like to know how it affects as I'm already convinced it'll be great for the trail.

As for a Panasonic bike, why not bring your Machina Lycan to Wales for me to see and have a look at my eLycan. With its lock out rear shock I find it great for road or trail. :-D

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
TK, the tubeless set up is now done, and interestingly filled one existing puncture hole straight away. :)

I opted for Stans tape, Stans sealant, but used Swiss DT valves. Using the Stans valves would have meant having to drill the rim, whereas the Swiss DT ones fit without modification. :)

I'll let you know how things go, as time passes.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Looks very smart.:)

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Caught out this morning after having spent many hours and hundreds of miles over the best part of the last two months, secretly identity wise, carrying out a good deed using both the pedal mtb and the e-mtb.
After being spotted, I was shoved very quickly in front of the camera before I could escape. More to follow, but KTM and I guess e-bikes are hopefully about to be seen in a very positive light. :)

A very reluctant subject...

Last edited:

mrgeoff

Pedelecer
Mar 12, 2015
UK
Please tell me that the KTM Lycan Macina Plus will be in grey or black for 2016, the GPS+ colour scheme looks amazing, but I don't really want to spend 500 on a GPS locked to the bike....

Thanks!

Advertisers