KTM MACINA FORCE 29

stumpy150

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 9, 2015
Yorkshire
had mine since August 2915. Great bike and really enjoy riding it. Great build quality .

Only had to change a few parts.

Tektro discs and pads replaced with shimano as the Tektro were very noisy and I got major brake squeal and a front brake pad failed going downhill into Whitby which caused a trouser filing moment!! ( next job is to fit shimano calipers)

Replaced bar grips with Ergo 5 bar/ bar ends as I suffer from a frozen shoulder but that's just old age and not a bike fault .

Changed the saddle with one with a gel filling .( old age again )

Fitted a side swipe bottle carrier.

Only major gripe is the lack of a retro fit light kit . It would be good to make use of the lighting function on the Bosch control system, knowing that I had plenty of battery power for my lights .

Would also like to see an alloy motor cover protector to retro fit - motor covers seems a bit vulnerable especially when traversing off road / rocky paths / tree stumps etc .

So if there is a KTM bikes forum user on here I would like to say thanks for producing a great product !!

Artstu

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2009
The light issue is really annoying isn't it, and it hasn't been a case of simply wiring some lights in, as the light switch has to be activated, or so I'm lead to believe. Must check mine when I have the cover off next.
It's due a chain and sprocket change, so I'll check it then.

stumpy150

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 9, 2015
Yorkshire
There is a hole blanked off on the motor - Bosch specific plug I believe so not sure if you can hard wire any other brand of light - and yes it has to be programmed for use

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Tektro discs and pads replaced with shimano as the Tektro were very noisy and I got major brake squeal and a front brake pad failed going downhill into Whitby which caused a trouser filing moment!! ( next job is to fit shimano calipers)
Tektro are usually fine, and the Tektro brakes fitted to my KTM e-Race P are superb, as were the ones fitted to my old BH. I'd suspect that the pad squeal etc was simply down to contamination of pad material.

Would also like to see an alloy motor cover protector to retro fit - motor covers seems a bit vulnerable especially when traversing off road / rocky paths / tree stumps etc .
I initially felt the same with mine, but then I sat back and thought that the front chainset on my pedal mtb is just as vulnerable, and I don't wreck that off road on rock and stumps. The cases are actually surprisingly durable, and have put up with my use of the bike, which is possibly more severe than many who ride off road. I do feel that Bosch should install captive nuts to accept the screws that joint the two sides together though. Screwing a metal screw into plastic, time and time again, isn't the best of things to be doing.

Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
some cheap rotors are naff tho got a cheap 203 off ebay and it has scorch marks all round it so was getting hot fast and made a horrendous sound to boot.

i dumped the stock avid discs for 2pc hope rotors on my bike :)

stumpy150

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 9, 2015
Yorkshire
I stripped and de-greased the pads and discs before riding it...as new....The tektro squealing could be heard yards away - cheap shimano pads and discs from chain reaction - sorted - quiet and better stopping power...Next job - replace calipers and levers - Shimano SLX

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
you could flip as well with those on the bike :)

mine have 4 pistons in each calliper id look at some of those for it if in budget.

organic pads will make less nose but wear out fast so i use sintered 1s.