ku123 Controller

awol

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 4, 2013
Routing through my box of ebike bits I have a ku123 (probably ordered by mistake) controller which I guess is an old design controller but I have no control panel for it.
How do these work? would I need to buy controlling accessories to use it? and so is it worth me keeping to use in the future?

D

Deleted member 4366

The older ones don't use a control panel. Just connect the motor, battery and throttle, and away you go.

awol

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 4, 2013
Having looked at this one it has red/black/green which on a wire diagram shows as pedal assist so I wondered how the PAS could be used on this with no display?
On LCD displays I can select 5 levels of PAS.

D

Deleted member 4366

The PAS is not very good. It gives more power with increasing cadence, which drives you nuts chasing up and down the gears.

awol

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 4, 2013
Thanks d8veh,
I think I will leave it in the bottom of the box then.

D

Deleted member 4366

You can do what a few of us did as long as you have at least one brake switch. Take the spring out of a thumb throttle. Add a three pole switch that takes each throttle signal wire on the outside two poles and switches them to the middle pole that goes to the controllet so that the switch selects one throttle or the other. The one without the spring works like a cruise control giving constant speed that is adjustable to any level of assist. The brakes switch it off, so you use the brakes to slow down as normal, but when you let go of the brakes, it pulls away again. It's sort of like pedal assist, but it gives power whether you pedsl or not. It works very well once you're used to it, which doesn't take long.