KU63 controller circuit board connections

D

Deleted member 4366

The video doesn't show on my tablet. Is it a Flash one, which won't show on Andoid devices?

D

Deleted member 4366

The video worked OK.

From what I see, everything is working properly. The brake sensors only work when they're connected. They cut the motor when you apply the brakes.

You have a LCD, which is where the speed limit is set. I get mixed up between all the different LCDs, but to get to the speed settings, you have to either press and hold the up and down buttons at the same time for a few seconds, or, if it has a "set" button, press and hold it. Sometimes, the speed setting is in an advanced setting menu. To get to it, you have to first enter the normal setting mode, then press and hold again for a long time until it changes to the advanced settings. Somewhere you will find the speed 25km/h, then you can increase it with the up button.

If you search through the forun, you will find an exact instrucion for your LCD.

D

Deleted member 4366

Our forum. It looks like the "set" button on yours. I can't remember if it's the power button or a short press of the "set" button to scroll through the menu options when the screen changes to settings. You will soon figure it out.

LaurentDehaeck

Pedelecer
Jul 23, 2015
Our forum. It looks like the "set" button on yours. I can't remember if it's the power button or a short press of the "set" button to scroll through the menu options when the screen changes to settings. You will soon figure it out.
haha yes i pressed the set button for a wihle and i was able to put it higher but it doesnt sound like it is running faster althoug my display says it does .... strange i will try it on the road in a second >>>> is it possible i only have 1 setting in the menu ? i dont see any other options available .... ichanged a number that said 1500 and i up it to 2025 its the max ...

D

Deleted member 4366

I don't what that setting is, but it's not the speed. Is it wheel size? The speed should be written as 25 km/h.

LaurentDehaeck

Pedelecer
Jul 23, 2015
haha yes i pressed the set button for a wihle and i was able to put it higher but it doesnt sound like it is running faster althoug my display says it does .... strange i will try it on the road in a second >>>> is it possible i only have 1 setting in the menu ? i dont see any other options available .... ichanged a number that said 1500 and i up it to 2025 its the max ...

ok just tested it ..... it says i m driving 32 .... but still feels like the same ... is it possible i might have broken mofsets with my paperclip[ ? i will test it with my phone to dubble check speed but thank you very much ..... so their is definitly no fail safe
I don't what that setting is, but it's not the speed. Is it wheel size? The speed should be written as 25 km/h.
you are to good to be true .... yes it was wheel size ... and by pushing i get two other menu options but not speed still trying

D

Deleted member 4366

The speed might be in the advanced options like I mentioned above. What options are there that you've found?

LaurentDehaeck

Pedelecer
Jul 23, 2015
ok just tested it ..... it says i m driving 32 .... but still feels like the same ... is it possible i might have broken mofsets with my paperclip[ ? i will test it with my phone to dubble check speed but thank you very much ..... so their is definitly no fail safe

Dammit i found maqnuals online bigstone c300 >>>> i achieve all menus except of course speed menu dam >..... almost going crazy

LaurentDehaeck

Pedelecer
Jul 23, 2015
i dont find anything about advanced menu.... i can get AUTO , km or mph, ... it has to be something together with peddling at the same time but i cant find a pattern ....

D

Deleted member 4366

To get to the advanced settings, you press and hold the set button for a few seconds. When the LCD changes to settings, you press and hold it again for at least 10 seconds until it hanges again. Did you try that?

LaurentDehaeck

Pedelecer
Jul 23, 2015
yes yes i have .... their are different versions .... but that advanced menu doesnt work >... still look ing for other version explanations but besides two slightly different i cant find others

LaurentDehaeck

Pedelecer
Jul 23, 2015
To get to the advanced settings, you press and hold the set button for a few seconds. When the LCD changes to settings, you press and hold it again for at least 10 seconds until it hanges again. Did you try that?

Check out the video .... I found new courage

D

Deleted member 4366

One thing that might work, change the wheel size to as small as possible. The display will then calculate and display the speed to be less than it is, so the controller might allow more speed.

LaurentDehaeck

Pedelecer
Jul 23, 2015
My wheel size is the smalletst ... Im trying to find the document but its on my computer .... But they talk about speed limit in the contonler and it is by bigstone ....

D

Deleted member 4366

There's still another trick. If the wheel size doesn't work, the controller must be getting the speed directly from the motor.

The speed signal comes down the white wire from the motor as one 5v pulse each revolution. I see your white wire joins a brown one, which then goes out of the controller. Where does it go?

The idea is to get a pulse at a lower frequency from another sensor. You can take a sensor from a cycle computer. It will have two wires. You cut the white wire from the brown one on your bike and connect one wire from the new sensor to the brown one and the other to any 5v position on the controller where the throttle and PAS get their 5v from. You then glue a magnet to the inside of your crank arm and fix the sensor to a chainstay so that it will pulse with your cadence instead of the wheel rotation.

Reactions: LaurentDehaeck

LaurentDehaeck

Pedelecer
Jul 23, 2015
There's still another trick. If the wheel size doesn't work, the controller must be getting the speed directly from the motor.

The speed signal comes down the white wire from the motor as one 5v pulse each revolution. I see your white wire joins a brown one, which then goes out of the controller. Where does it go?

The idea is to get a pulse at a lower frequency from another sensor. You can take a sensor from a cycle computer. It will have two wires. You cut the white wire from the brown one on your bike and connect one wire from the new sensor to the brown one and the other to any 5v position on the controller where the throttle and PAS get their 5v from. You then glue a magnet to the inside of your crank arm and fix the sensor to a chainstay so that it will pulse with your cadence instead of the wheel rotation.

Hey , yes yesterday i read somthing about the brown , white an red cable .... Doesnt it have to do with the eu legislation ? This is what the dutch guy on the other website has to say .... I will definitly figure out what your telling me : as i am doing my sister a favor i have my hands dirty any way now :)

Where do i find sensor ? Is this what you mean ?? Ill send pics after this

Pedelec legalisation device
Contents[Hide]
1. Introduction
Many Chinese motor controllers can be used without pedalling, which is not allowed for pedelecs. Here we need additional electronics that adds the extra functionality to meet the EPAC standard. I developed a pedelec legalisation device which can be built into the motor controller. In German this is called a Gasgriff Freischalter. It is built with a 1MHz Atmel ATtiny85. The motor runs only when we pedal forward and the speed is below 25kmh. Start up assistance to 6 km/h without pedalling is omitted.

ATtiny 45/85 available pins

Pedelec legalisation device

2. Software safety precautions
I use a two position speed switch instead of a throttle. This requires special safety precautions against inadvertent switching on the motor, which can be perilous. This is because a throttle, in contrast to a switch, automatically springs back into the off position. A throttle is controlled consciously, a switch can stay in a certain position unnoticed. See also the disclaimer.

3. Properties
The motor is disabled when:

• Not pedalling forward
  • Speed above 27.5km/h
  • Speed below 3km/h
4. PAS sensor SS461A
A digital Hall-effect device SS461A is used as PAS sensor and glued with epoxy directly to the bicycle frame. An advantage of the SS461A is the built in reverse voltage protection. Five magnets are glued into the chainring.

PAS sensor SS411P

5. Speed sensor
The bicycle speed is measured with a speed sensor from a cheap cycle computer (€3); it contains a reed relay and a spoke magnet.

6. Pedelec legalisation device circuit
Here is an example of how the pedelec legalisation device is connected to a motor controller. Download the circuit high definition pdf file here.

Pedelec legalisation device circuit

7. Pedelec legalisation device software
This software is not public.

Do you have any comments? Please let me know.

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.