Kudos-KTM Roadshow,Manifold Trail,Derbyshire,April 13,12.00-17.00

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Hello everyone. We are getting prepared for the second of the Kudos-KTM roadshows,this coming weekend,Saturday,April 13,12.00-17.00.
If we are lucky to have the same weather as the Redbridge event it should be lovely to be in the middle of the Peak District.
The Manifold Trail cycling route follows the old Manifold Railway line from Waterhouses to Hulme. It is in total about 11 miles in length but we are intending to use only about half the length,centreing on the lovely Wetton Mill tea rooms.
The location (DE6 2AG) is near Leek,about 10 miles north-east of Stoke on Trent. We are supported by our local dealer,Leek cycle solutions.
If you Google maps 'DE6 2AG' it will reveal the location and using Google imaging you can see the intended cycle route,it is very beautiful countryside following the Manifold valley,near Thor's Cave.
If you Google images 'Wetton Mill' there are many photos of the location.
The venue would appear to offer 4 possible cycling routes-
1) Straight out of the Wetton Mill and up the steep hill towards Butterton...1 mile
2) Turn south from the Wetton Mill,along the Manifold Trail a 1 mile loop on easy flat terrain and back to the Mill....1 mile,this route dependent on the depth of the ford.
3) Turn north from the Mill,along the Manifold Trail,a beautiful easy ride up to the tunnel,then directly back......1.5 miles
4) As above plus a loop west,up the steepish hill to Butterton village,back down to the Mill via the steep Wetton Road,beautiful valley views and a good test of the bikes...3.7miles.
We will have a good selection of Kudos ebikes including the following-
Arriba,Tornado,Cobra,Eco,Safari,Secret,Tourer and Liberty.
If anyone has a specific requirement to test a bike outside of that list,please advise,and we will do our best to bring that bike also.
We will also have a KTM Macina 650-Panasonic drive and a KTM Macina Bold 26(Bosch crank drive)
Be aware the event is intended as a meet for those interested in ebikes so please feel free to bring along your own bike,as long as its legal.
Any comments/suggestions most welcome.
Following link to Wetton Tea Room location http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:We...uk_-_26674.jpg
You can also see an Events Calendar on or homepage here .: Kudos Cycles - e-bikes with style :.
KudosDave

Taff

Pedelecer
Mar 19, 2011
Wrexham
If anyone has a specific requirement to test a bike outside of that list,please advise,and we will do our best to bring that bike also.
We will also have a KTM Macina 650-Panasonic drive and a KTM Macina Bold 26(Bosch crank drive)
KudosDave
Will both of the Macinas be 17" Dave?
Couldn't bring a Neo Cross could you?

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Will both of the Macinas be 17" Dave?
Couldn't bring a Neo Cross could you?

Taff,the 650 will be 17"(43cm),the Macina Bold will be 20"(51cm)
I have stopped stocking the BH Bikes,nothing wrong with those bikes but the KTM range has a better fit with our Kudos range. I have one BH Xenion 700 bike left on special offer price of £1689.60.
KudosDave

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Hi Dave,

Will the 'Bold' be the step thru style?

JimB
JimB,No-we will stock the Bold in normal X-bar style. We can get all of the KTM range but its such a big range that it is impossible to stock all permutations,all available to order.
I was thinking of stocking the HS400 as a step through,what do you think?
KudosDave

GaRRy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 18, 2012
Tamworth
Taff,the 650 will be 17"(43cm),the Macina Bold will be 20"(51cm)
I have stopped stocking the BH Bikes,nothing wrong with those bikes but the KTM range has a better fit with our Kudos range. I have one BH Xenion 700 bike left on special offer price of £1689.60.
KudosDave
If all goes according to plan Im hoping to be there and will have at least one of my NEO's with me.

Artstu

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2009
If my memory is correct this climb from the Manifold trail up towards Wetton is the steepest climb in the area, once through Wetton you would then drop back down onto the trail again and back to the tea rooms

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Wetton+DE6+2AG&hl=en&ll=53.084256,-1.840596&spn=0.003222,0.01296&sll=52.8382,-2.327815&sspn=3.623049,6.61377&oq=DE6+2AG&hnear=Wetton+DE6+2AG,+United+Kingdom&t=h&z=15&layer=c&cbll=53.084256,-1.848749&panoid=LuCpog6ypV5wvZIubov_wg&cbp=12,310.94,,0,18.98

Also be advised that the Ford near to the tea rooms is very very slippery as demonstrated by this young man who snapped both bones in his lower leg in this fall.

Edit, I'll just add that there isn't any need to ride through it, there are two roads that run south from the tea rooms, and the eastern one has the Ford that is best avoided.

[video=youtube;Ai2VilaCjh8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ai2VilaCjh8[/video]

Last edited:

JimB

Pedelecer
Apr 1, 2013
Derbyshire
JimB,No-we will stock the Bold in normal X-bar style. We can get all of the KTM range but its such a big range that it is impossible to stock all permutations,all available to order.
I was thinking of stocking the HS400 as a step through,what do you think?
KudosDave
The HS 400 and the NuVinci are on my very short list but although I prefer the step thru frame I don't like the carrier mount battery position that comes with it so maybe the middle style frame which allows the battery to be on the frame.

Can't decide at the moment so hoping that seeing some bikes on Saturday will help.

Edit: Just for info the only other bikes on my list at the moment are both Kalkhoffs...the Agattu i8 HS Step-thru and the Sahel i360 Harmony Step Thru. But I've not yet seen any of them never mind ridden one.

I should really be looking at the KTM Macina Eight 2013 Semi Lowstep I believe might be name for the frame style that allows the frame mounted battery.

JimB

Last edited:

Electrifying Cycles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2011
The HS 400 and the NuVinci are on my very short list but although I prefer the step thru frame I don't like the carrier mount battery position that comes with it so maybe the middle style frame which allows the battery to be on the frame.

Can't decide at the moment so hoping that seeing some bikes on Saturday will help.

Edit: Just for info the only other bikes on my list at the moment are both Kalkhoffs...the Agattu i8 HS Step-thru and the Sahel i360 Harmony Step Thru. But I've not yet seen any of them never mind ridden one.

I should really be looking at the KTM Macina Eight 2013 Semi Lowstep I believe might be name for the frame style that allows the frame mounted battery.

JimB
Hi Jim,
We have the Macina Eight in stock in 46cm frame semi lowstep. If you look at the pictures on a website the semi lowsep style is shown on the Macina Cross.

KTM Electric Bikes electric bikes folding bikes

Hope this helps.
DW

Electrifying Cycles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2011
Not attending but you are correct.

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Am up in the Peak district having a recce. The snows almost all gone,the Manifold Trail is all clear and in good riding condition but the hills up to Butterton are very slippery,we may have to use the hill up to Wetton for hill testing.
Jeanette,the lovely lady who runs the Wetton Mill Tea rooms is being really helpful in organising a place for the Kudos Gazebos.
We will have a good selection of all the Kudos range plus 2 KTM bikes-a Macina Bold with Bosch power and a 650e Race with Panasonic power.
The forecast for the weekend looks ok,definitely warmer than lately.
Look forward to seeing as many as can make it.
KudosDave

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
Are you hoping to improve your tan again this weekend too Dave ? lol

Very best of luck with the weekend, pity that I am UPNORTH and not down there in the midlands :p

Lynda :)

Artstu

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2009
A bit damp and miserable just now, Saturday will be great, it's a fantastic place for a day out

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Artstu...thanks. I must be honest and say that I have never stayed in the Peak District before,it certainly has some dramatic scenery. Will have to try the beer tonight in the 'Ye Olde Royal Oak',all in the name of roadshow research,I am sure you understand-at times my job is just plain tough!
KudosDave

Artstu

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2009
I'm not a beer drinker, however friends tell me you can't get good beer in the south, but you can in the north midlands ;)