KudosCycles-new range of electric bikes.

ghostrain

Finding my (electric) wheels
Nov 21, 2010
The Tour de Presteigne is the venue for the UK launch of a completely new range of electric bicycles,under the trading style 'KudosCycles'. The range,totalling 11 different cycles includes hill climbers,urban bikes,dutch style bikes,retro cycles and folders. It is intended that the range will be a little sportier and individual than others are offering.
Some flavour of what we are offering can be viewed on our temporary website home page-see Kudos Cycles The cycle featured is our KING-ALIVIO24 model with 6061-T6 frame,Shimano Alivio24 gears,Tektro hydraulic brakes,RST front forks,Spanninga lights and 36v x 10Ah LIFEPO4 battery... priced at £945.00 incl vat,spare battery £208.80 incl vat.A carbon frame version is also available(weight 19.65kgs) at £1395.00 incl vat.
We will have samples of every bike at Presteigne. Our website should be fully on line within 2 weeks.
Kudos is not intending to sell cheap e-bikes. We intend to sell top quality bikes with good specification at a mid range price.
Hope you find us a useful addition to the pedelec/e-bike market.
Russell is aware of our launch and we intend to advertise on this website as soon as our website is fully operative.

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Thanks for the information Ghostrain, interesting looking bike.

A tip though, the image is reversed left to right on that first link, putting the bike's transmission on the left and disc brakes on the right. Since the names read correctly, this appears to be a "photoshop" job. Best corrected if to be taken seriously.

Last edited:

banbury frank

Banned
Jan 13, 2011
Hi ghostrain

And welcome to the world off E bikes

The Product looks Great

We sell a similar Bike Based on the Raleigh Peak HD

But 1,000 watts 48 volt 15 AH

Frank

ghostrain

Nov 21, 2010
Flecc...quite right flecc...all the sample bikes in the UK are without graphics and the Chinese did a photoshop job to display the bike with graphics....somehow they flipped the image. As soon as my DTP guy can he will display image with crankset on the correct side.
I understand that you have not been well lately...hope you are now recovered?..will you be going to Presteigne?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Thanks for inquiring, yes, making very good progress recovering from a hernia operation Monday evening. Won't be cycling for some while though.

I won't be at Presteigne, but I'll have my fingers crossed for good weather during the whole event. All the best for your product launch.

ghostrain

Nov 21, 2010
flecc....I think you will find the image correct now....thanks for pointing it out...get well soon....ghosty

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
flecc....I think you will find the image correct now....thanks for pointing it out...get well soon....ghosty
Thanks Ghosty, that's better. Certainly a tough looking conventionally framed bike which will get plenty of interest from a large sector of the market.

schoe

Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2010
Looks promising. Definitely a gap in the market for good quality ebikes around the £1000 cycle to work scheme price.

Are they pedelec or hub and what sort of range/speeds are estimated?

Are you going to market a hybrid?

Thanks.

hoppy

May 25, 2010
Sounds good. Rear hub motor?250 watt? Controller amps?Throttle?Battery warranty?Where are you?When available?

NRG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2009
Yes agreed, if the spec turns out to be that stated then £945 is very competitive, good luck!

ghostrain

Nov 21, 2010
Kudos brochure

So many questions on the Kudos e-mail that I realise I must get the brochure available to download on our website. It was my intention to have a hard copy available at the Tour de Presteigne but I will try to get a copy on the website next week. My parent company,Rally Design Ltd will also take some of the bikes to view at the National Kit Car Show,Stoneleigh,Warks, May1-2. I appreciate that I am somewhat premature with my announcement but reading this forum I realised that some of my bikes are worthy of consideration.

ghostrain

Nov 21, 2010
Made in China-Kudos pricing

Kudos is determined that the price of electric bicycles and especially replacement batteries should become more competitive.
Our direct selling marketing philosophy means that our bikes are,on average, £500 cheaper than our, like for like competition. It is our intention to make electric cycling more affordable and hence have more mass market appeal. The prices of both bikes and LifePo4 batteries are very affordable when they leave China,yet the retail prices seem to reach a level which is out of character with the simplicity of the product.
I have personally travelled over 6000 miles inside China and visited bike manufacturers from Guangzhou in the south to Tianjin in the north,I have seen superb,bad and truly awful assemblers but the market has clearly been divided between cheap domestic Chinese supply and export(mainly Dutch). There are probably about 30 top quality factories producing mainly for export,the choice between them is now more about personal style preference than quality,all now produce to EN15194 standards and the prices are very consistent.The quality of the domestic factories would not usually be acceptable in Europe,though some have tried to ship with terrible warranty problems-in contrast the prices of the export factories would be too high to sell in the Chinese domestic market.Most Chinese think a good bike is one that goes fast on the throttle,no restrictions are enforced-good brakes are an unnecessary luxury.
I call these factories assemblers because they usually do not manufacture in-house,they will produce a bike to the quality/price level you wish to pay-a bike is therefore only as good as the sum of it's parts.Even the top profile Dutch and German suppliers may have 50% of the bike and nearly always the frames produced in China.
The most common criticism of Chinese sourced product is lack of spares-I just cannot understand why this should be so-our initial 700 opening stock of cycles is well supported by only £20k of spares.
Initially it was my intention to buy the cheapest bikes available in China but it soon became obvious in my travels that $100 put into the bike absolutely transformed the quality.
Kudos will not sell cheap pedelecs,we are selling top quality bikes at a mid range price. However,I am confident that within 5 years a top quality bike will be less than £500-our SPORT model at £695.00 is already close to that benchmark.
Our succesful parent company,Rally Design,transformed the pricing structure of parts used within the perfomance Auto market. Kudos is determined to repeat for the e-bike market.
I respect the foregoing is controversial but competition is always good for both consumer and retailer.Would welcome further conversation at Presteigne.

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
Couldn't you have put this in your other thread ?

Regards

Jerry

dellpitch

Aug 6, 2008
Do I understand from this post that you are proposing to sell pedelec bikes and/or hub motored bikes.

Sorry I am not sure from your post but look forward to meeting with you on the 8th May

Regards

Dellpitch

vectra

Pedelecer
Feb 5, 2011
Kudos is determined that the price of electric bicycles and especially replacement batteries should become more competitive.
Our direct selling marketing philosophy means that our bikes are,on average, £500 cheaper than our, like for like competition. It is our intention to make electric cycling more affordable and hence have more mass market appeal. The prices of both bikes and LifePo4 batteries are very affordable when they leave China,yet the retail prices seem to reach a level which is out of character with the simplicity of the product.
I have personally travelled over 6000 miles inside China and visited bike manufacturers from Guangzhou in the south to Tianjin in the north,I have seen superb,bad and truly awful assemblers but the market has clearly been divided between cheap domestic Chinese supply and export(mainly Dutch). There are probably about 30 top quality factories producing mainly for export,the choice between them is now more about personal style preference than quality,all now produce to EN15194 standards and the prices are very consistent.The quality of the domestic factories would not usually be acceptable in Europe,though some have tried to ship with terrible warranty problems-in contrast the prices of the export factories would be too high to sell in the Chinese domestic market.Most Chinese think a good bike is one that goes fast on the throttle,no restrictions are enforced-good brakes are an unnecessary luxury.
I call these factories assemblers because they usually do not manufacture in-house,they will produce a bike to the quality/price level you wish to pay-a bike is therefore only as good as the sum of it's parts.Even the top profile Dutch and German suppliers may have 50% of the bike and nearly always the frames produced in China.
The most common criticism of Chinese sourced product is lack of spares-I just cannot understand why this should be so-our initial 700 opening stock of cycles is well supported by only £20k of spares.
Initially it was my intention to buy the cheapest bikes available in China but it soon became obvious in my travels that $100 put into the bike absolutely transformed the quality.
Kudos will not sell cheap pedelecs,we are selling top quality bikes at a mid range price. However,I am confident that within 5 years a top quality bike will be less than £500-our SPORT model at £695.00 is already close to that benchmark.
Our succesful parent company,Rally Design,transformed the pricing structure of parts used within the perfomance Auto market. Kudos is determined to repeat for the e-bike market.
I respect the foregoing is controversial but competition is always good for both consumer and retailer.Would welcome further conversation at Presteigne.
Hi.

Welcome. Anyone who can swing the market in favour of good, low cost products will triumph. The quality of both your product and back-up, of course, remains to be proven. I also will make the trip to Wales and will be most interested particularly if you have a lightweight step-through on offer or proposed.

Good luck with your venture.
Regards
vectra

hoppy

May 25, 2010
Sounds wonderful ! Wish you every success. Want one already! Hope they've got throttles though! Do let AtoB and Electric Bike magazines have bikes to test and take them to as many shows as possible. Could be the start of something big!

PennyFarthing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 25, 2011
Looks promising. Definitely a gap in the market for good quality ebikes around the £1000 cycle to work scheme price.

:confused: What?! £1000?! That makes my employer seem even meaner - not only do they allow purchase from one shop only but they stated the total cost was to be no more than £500. :confused:

PennyFarthing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 25, 2011
I can't see anything on your website, apart from the front page. What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: OOps, re-read your first post on this thread - I see its temporary and full site up and running in two weeks. Sorry.