LEED's PBJ kit but with lighter motor (Q75?)

cf666

Just Joined
Jan 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Hi all,

Heads up: I'm a total noob.
I'm looking for the LIGHTEST possible front hub kit to use just as an assist on some pretty gnarly hills on my ride home from work. Other than that I want my bike to feel as a regular bike as much as possible (no drag from the kit), I want to pedal 99% of the time w/o assist other than on those damn hills so LIGHT WEIGHT is paramount.

I've been looking around and it seems LEED's PBJ kit (https://www.e-bikerig.com/products/pbj- ... wheel.html ) would be the closest to what I'm looking for (lightest, easiest to install, right amount of assist/torque), except it uses an 8FUN motor, which although apparently very reliable is also somewhat heavy, especially in comparison to the Cute Q75.
My bike is a Tern Verge P20 with Kinetix Comp rims and Schwalbe Kojak tires.

So here's my questions:
1) could LEED's PBJ kit (whose components can be purchased "a la carte") be put together with the Cute Q75 instead of the 8FUN, meaning, would the Cute Q75 be compatible with the kit as it's offered (minus the 8FUN)?
2) would doing this be a bad idea for my intended use, meaning, would the Q75 be a good choice of motor for me?
3) If the Q75 would in fact work for my needs, does anyone know of a plug-and-play (noob-ready
) kit with this motor? Seems BMSbattery.com sells some but without much of a description, besides I'd rather not replace the brake handles in my bike with the ones in their kit.
4) any suggestions to accomplish what I need?
Considering what I've read so far, seems like buying from the US and not China would be a whole lot better given the good chance of some component going bad...

Thanks so much in advance!

PS: I'm located in the US (Los Angeles).