Lets Discuss an Ebike friendly sticker campaign........

morphix

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 24, 2010
Worcestershire
www.cyclecharge.org.uk
If anyone wants to change their vote for a name in light of new names added today, just send me a message or post onto this thread and I will change it.

indalo

Banned
Sep 13, 2009
Herts & Spain
Hi Morphix

Perhaps the reason for the low poll so far is that readers can't find where to vote? Obviously, being super-intelligent, I found it almost immediately.......on post #91.....!

There is a section entitled POLLS/SURVEYS which you have opted not to use but if readers really do want to cast a vote, they will find out how........if they're really patient!

Regards...and keep up the good work,
Indalo

morphix

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 24, 2010
Worcestershire
www.cyclecharge.org.uk
Hi Morphix

Perhaps the reason for the low poll so far is that readers can't find where to vote? Obviously, being super-intelligent, I found it almost immediately.......on post #91.....!

There is a section entitled POLLS/SURVEYS which you have opted not to use but if readers really do want to cast a vote, they will find out how........if they're really patient!

Regards...and keep up the good work,
Indalo
Thanks Indalo! I should of posted the URL for voting a few more times...silly me! Here it is again for anyone who missed it or can't find it.

Shame I didn't spot that facility on here, could of saved myself a bit of work. I've just setup a separate poll on this site to gage support for the scheme among our community. here it is:

http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/polls-surveys/10183-free-public-battery-charging-scheme.html

Last edited:

morphix

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 24, 2010
Worcestershire
www.cyclecharge.org.uk
Related Story

I don't know if anyone has noticed this related story posted in News section last month..

This bit got my attention:

Currently, Exmoor Unplugged is also establishing a network of charging points across Exmoor and the Quantocks. Participating businesses will benefit from the extra custom while hirers recharge both their own batteries and those of their electric bicycles.
Maybe we can learn a thing or two from them, and find out how businesses find the scheme..also see if they're interested in being added into our national directory.

Trevor Holloway

Pedelecer
May 4, 2010
I had a look at the website but could not see where the units are located - without that info seems a complete waste !
From their own figures its 6p to charge a bike battery and £1 a day in registration costs !

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
Can I just remind forum members that the voting for a name for this scheme ends at midnight tomorrow.....please vote if you havent already and then we can start to get this scheme rolling.
And to reiterate.....all comments, input and ideas welcome.

Lynda :)

kitchenman

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 9, 2010
Aberaeron, West Wales
I asked at the butchers and the cycle shop and both were interested. The butcher's comment was something along the lines of "it would be nice if they bought something" - he does some lovely pork pies! ... and the guy at the cycle shop was also interested ...
Once an interest is expressed I think there needs to be somewhere to lodge their details so that an "official" correspondance can be made which will provide the interested party with the means to register themselves properly ...
I have just thought that the cycle shop may well also like to offer a bike storage facility as his shop is well situated for a visit to Jane Austin's house or into town ...
Obviously, if I am at home, I would offer: Bike charging, bike storage and refreshments! ... all you'd have to do is help me with the bleeding of my magura brakes!

Last edited:

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
Good work Alan...I have another couple too...dont worry all the finer details are in hand......well, in planning anyway......
Hope you can still make the meeting tomorrow...3pm.....lots to discuss :)

C

Cyclezee

Well guys, I am up for this and happy to allow any member of Bikecharging to use my facilities free of charge:confused: We are going solar in a couple of weeks time, so it will be totally green power:)

I have joined as a member, but have a couple questions and suggestions before agreeing to fully participate. I have not read the entire thread and this may sound obvious, but I would assume that everyone wishing to use this facility will be carrying a charger with them and not expect anything other than the use of a 13 amp plug socket? I would also expect the members to carry a sticker or membership card to identify themselves. In the event that anything happens to the bike, charger or battery e.g. theft, damage etc., who is responsible? Personally, I would not want to be and would want some sort of legal disclaimer.

Last edited by a moderator:

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
Well guys, I am up for this and happy to allow any member of Bikecharging to use my facilities free of charge:confused: We are going solar in a couple of weeks time, so it will be totally green power:)

I have joined as a member, but have a couple questions and suggestions before agreeing to fully participate. I have not read the entire thread and this may sound obvious, but I would assume that everyone wishing to use this facility will be carrying a charger with them and not expect anything other than the use of a 13 amp plug socket? I would also expect the members to carry a sticker or membership card to identify themselves. In the event that anything happens to the bike, charger or battery e.g. theft, damage etc., who is responsible? Personally, I would not want to be and would want some sort of legal disclaimer.
Thanks for your support :)

To answer some of your questions....yes, people will be carrying their own charger.....otherwise how can they recharge :)
A membership card is a good point and one we will follow up at the next meeting.....which everyone is invited to join into.....tomorrow 3pm on the live chat part of the site.

Everyone using a charging point will have to take full responsibility for the safety or otherwise of their battery and charger.
This will be made very clear to all participants.
Its a very exciting project and we are all keen to get it up and running.
Keep up with the input everyone.

It is for all our benefits and I am looking forward to seeing the participating charging points going up on the site and then we wont have any excuses to start venturing further from home

Glad to hear you are turning green .....

Lynda

muckymits

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 31, 2011
Thanks for your support :)

A membership card is a good point and one we will follow up at the next meeting.....which everyone is invited to join into.....tomorrow 3pm on the live chat part of the site.

Lynda
Where is the live chat? or is there other levels of membership? its cold and boring out here. :confused:

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
Click on live discussion then join here put your name in and we are there now
Lynda

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
sorry....make that live discussion then click this link....

muckymits

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 31, 2011
I have searched for a full hour and cannot find a way in, even went over to the dreaded IE!!!!
Would of loved to put a few points, maybe a mod could help me out????:rolleyes:

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
You ARE on the bikecharging site arent you ??

Lynda

TylerD

Pedelecer
Jul 8, 2010
Sorry for late response, how about e-bikecharge for the name?

The website looks really good, I agree though that the background needs to be lighter and the text quite a bit bigger for easy reading - bearing in mind the average age of us ebikers!:)

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
Sorry Tyler, but I think its too late as the vote closes at midnight, though I think there are a couple similar to your suggestion.

Yes, I hope the text gets bigger but Paul is working really hard to get it all organized and improved...hes a godsend.......so watch this space for further announcements.