Licence Revoked Got an Electric Bike Instead

Dicky Blighter

Just Joined
Jun 28, 2011
Hello Chaps
Dicky Blighter here, ex-Spitfire pilot (the 4 wheeled 190's sports car type) - had my licence revoked at very short notice (3 days!) by the DVLA on medical grounds. I have Parkinsons and they decided I'm no longer fit to drive because of slow reaction times and from the medication.
Need some form of transport for work so as I only live 3 miles away a bike seemed ideal, snag is the is a fairly long steep hill on the way home and my legs don't always work properly because of the PD so decided to get an electric bike and had to meet the following criteria.
Able to run on battery only
Capable of being used as an ordinary bike
lightweight
Mountain bike style with suspension
Under a grand with all the accesories
Available from stock.
Ended up with the 8Fun 26" aluminium mountain bike from ebay as it was the only one I could get quickly that met most of the criteria. Ordered late last Wednesday and delivered 10 oclock Friday morning.
Must say very impressed with it so far added a rack, speedo, bell and of course a cycling helmet last weekend and been using it for work all week.
Hopefully this link will work for pics.
Electric Bike - a set on Flickr
Only criticism so far is the 'manual' - waste of a good tree, written in 'chinglish' and gives no information on how to set bike up as far as brakes, gears etc. is concerned and they do need to be done. I was fine with it but someone with little or no mechanical knowledge would struggle.

Last edited: