LiFePO4 vs Li-Ion

piotrmacheta

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 23, 2009
I didn't see it as a plug, I thought it was very useful to know these difference. Vive la dealer contribution.

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
I looked at Jeremy's fuel gauge and read through all 8 pages of thread,I must say that I thought I was on the wrong site and fell into the Practical Electronics Forum,all a bit too geeky for me I am afraid-but whatever turns you on. Sheemozzle came up with a valid suggestion of a commercial unit that shows promise,I will get some samples to test and freely distribute amongst pedelec members who use LifePo4 batteries,thanks for all your suggestions.
Dave
Kudoscycles

D

Deleted member 4366

Kudos inadvertently triggered a discussion about battery capacity readings, which is extremely important to me, leading to on the allusions about what Speedicts can do coming up again. I haven't had time to get my head around any of that yet but seems this is something I'm going to most likely need and will have to look into properly. Battery capacity monitor, speedo and where fesible power controller all need to be sorted out effectively and space-efficiently for someone who wants the bike after building it to be user-friendly... 'tis being built primarily for post-build use rather than for the sake of the build itself (although that will be a great learning curve too).
The new Speedict is very iminent and it looks like there'll be more than one version. When I get mine, I'll do a full review as will others, I guess. I'm hopeful that it will give a much more useful and flexible control system along the lines of what you want, but we'll have to see if the one they send has all this, or whether it'll come in future software updates. Up 'til now. they've been really good in responding to additional feature requests.

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
They do seem very proactive I agree. I think they hope to start shipping after the weekend.

Fingers crossed.

Jerry

Electric-Bob

Just Joined
Aug 25, 2014
Does anyone know how to access Jeremy's updated fuel gauge info? He makes reference to lower cost and additional function. All I can seem to find is the original endless sphere.