Lightest bike with decent performance and specs

Bigbee

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 12, 2008
Ebikes with decent size batteries,up to six levels of assistance seem to be all over 20 kgs??My friend wants a bike that he can pop on his roof rack but also get a decent performance out of it.I was going to recommend the GoCycle to him as its very light,but from riding it its a bit " whizzy " and low geared more suitable for city life,I wouldnt want to travel far on it.

So,is there some thing sub 20kgs,different levels of assistance and a decent range in the battery that I can recommend?

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
what you describe must be the holy grail of e biking:)

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
One of the nearest is the circa 17 kilos Cytronex, but the range is only about 20 miles from it's small battery for a fairly fit cyclist.

As Eddie says, what you want is the holy grail of e-biking, technically impossible at present and probably for a very long time to come. The stored energy and energy density required sees to that.

However, the BH Emotion Sport is also 17 kilos by dint of using very light minimalist construction and has a 10 Ah battery that will give at least 30 miles and more than 50 miles in moderate territory with a little extra rider help. I'd easily get 50 miles from it at age 74, so most could.

Last edited: