Lights (yes, again but with a slight twist)

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
I'm looking for a decent cheap Chinese light that will frankly light up the sun

Something for me, cycling offroad on the south downs in November . Never to be used on the road. Ever.

I have every permutation of battery pack so no worries about power. Lots of cases, excellent cells and so forth

(I'd prefer NOT main bike battery to power it)

Cheers all
K

Reactions: LeighPing

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
:p

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
How many leds is that running for 6600 lm
no where near enough for 6600 lm :p

this has the best spec for the money and real lm output

jarob10

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 22, 2017
Uk

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

you get what you pay for 29w 6v 4.8a 4000lm ;) only problem is you need a cpu heat sink and fan to cool it down at that wattage.

Flumpet

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 3, 2019
I’ve had good experience with this one, very bright, directly wired to the battery though

US $4.05 25% Off | Electric Bicycle LED Headlight 12W 36V 48V 72V 80V Waterproof E Bike Front Light Flashlight 4-LED Lights with Horn for Ebike
How do you wire it to the battery? I'm looking for something that uses the battery, but don't know how to connect? there's a usb socket on the battery...

D

Deleted member 25121

One thing to watch is that you don't have the light shining directly into driver's eyes, if you do they'll put their lights onto main beam to help see the road and you'll be in big trouble.

Fat Rat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2018
UK
One thing to watch is that you don't have the light shining directly into driver's eyes, if you do they'll put their lights onto main beam to help see the road and you'll be in big trouble.
And that's exactly where stvzo comes in and is a no brainer in my opinion

D

Deleted member 25121

And that's exactly where stvzo comes in and is a no brainer in my opinion
Indeed, the light still needs to be setup correctly though. It can still blind people coming the other way if its pointing up too high.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Fat Rat

jarob10

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 22, 2017
Uk
How do you wire it to the battery? I'm looking for something that uses the battery, but don't know how to connect? there's a usb socket on the battery...

My front lights are wired direct to the battery. I use spare 9 core motor wiring I had lying around : 3 (thin) hall wires for the throttle, and 2 (fat) phase wires for the lights.

I use 2 front lights, one via a handlebar (wuxing) switch which is used on country lanes & selectively in the day to ‘dazzle’ dumb a$$ car drivers, the other which is dipped but on all the time.

Anything plugged into the usb socket will suffer water ingress, best bet is to Piggy back onto the high current battery wires

Reactions: Flumpet

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com

you get what you pay for 29w 6v 4.8a 4000lm ;) only problem is you need a cpu heat sink and fan to cool it down at that wattage.

And why would anyone pay nearly £40.00 for it, when they can be had for under £14.00

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
because there fake copy's and no where near the output of a real xhp70 chip but for the led on its own is about 10 quid from china.

• Agree
Reactions: danielrlee
D

Deleted member 25121

I bought a high intensity hand torch from China last year, it was very cheap, arrived quickly and was junk. The 18650 battery had 1/3rd of its claimed capacity and gave up after a week. The mains charger was flimsy and totally unsafe rubbish, the plastic hinge on the box split soon after and the torch was badly made tacky tat.

It was cheap but it was certainly no bargain, I'll never again buy things like that from a Chinese company. Bosch, Apple etc etc make stuff in China but they have the proper design and quality procedures in place.