Lightweight (portable) rain covers

allen-uk

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2010
Never bothered me much pre-electric, but now when I leave my bike (plus multiple locks) for half an hour, I'm more interested in keeping it drier.

I've got a nice big Oxford cover which I occasionally use outside my flat, but it's big and bulky and a nuisance to cart around.

Anyone come across a fairly large but lightweight and easily stuffable cover? Hasn't got to be a portable garage - just to cover the bars, saddle, and hopefully the motor/gear area.

Thanks.

Allen.

Caph

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 29, 2008
Nottingham, UK
I've got the Topeak Bike Cover which folds down into its own integrated zippable wallet. It's amazing how small it goes. The only down-side is that on windy days it has blown off my bike but I put that down to the fact that I chain it to a railing and then put the cover on and I think that allows too much wind in.

One other thing. My MTB electric bike has a normal wheelbase and the cover fits perfectly. If you've got an electric bike where the battery extends the wheelbase then this cover won't be big enough.

Last edited:

DebbieAC1

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 2, 2010
I Have a cover from Argos it cost me £14.99 and fastens underneath with velcro, also packs into its own samll carry case.

Jimod

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 9, 2010
Polmont
My local Tesco has a bike cover which fits a bike up to 192cm long. It comes in a small packet I can't remember the price but it was about £5 or so.