Longer Range out of the box

twinkle

E-Triker
May 14, 2013
Peacehaven nr Brighton
Bicycles get you from A to B, but you have to provide all the energy, which makes your legs ache.

Motorcycles get you from A to B, and provide all the energy, so you don't get tired at all

Electric assist bicycles fill the gap in between. By selecting the appropriate system, you can have one anywhere on the scale of proportions of energy supplied from very little to nearly all, so you can choose how much your legs will ache.

Got it now?
Oh I must have got it wrong then

Bikes burn fat and save money
motorised vehicles burn money and makes you fat

exit stage left and I will leave you all to it

Reactions: trex

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
Emma,s build is a good way ahead. And most of it is simple(compared to rocket science).
I stand corrected on the cornering issue.

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oh I must have got it wrong then

Bikes burn fat and save money
motorised vehicles burn money and makes you fat
No Twinkle, you haven't got anything wrong.

The notion from the OP is just a pice of nonsense but that sort of thing is meat and drink to the all-knowing, pseudo-scientists who populate this forum and cannot resist any opportunity to give forth with their expert knowledge.

Although you might think that it's reasonable to describe the colour we call black as.....well, black, there's a few here who would argue it's actually white.

Tom

Reactions: Artstu and TREF

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
it's not non-sense, just pushing out the envelope a little, Tom.

twinkle

E-Triker
May 14, 2013
Peacehaven nr Brighton
Being an ex racing cyclist :-
Personally I cannot see any pleasure in sitting on a bike for more than I have to , A bike is either a Tool in the hands of a professional or an item of convenience or pleasure , I cannot find any enjoyment sitting at 10 -15 mph for hours on end .

My trike is a convenient method of local ( under 50 miles ) round trip travel
more so since the introduction of the 20mph limits around Brighton .

Until the further development of the battery ( Please note the battery has developed Very fast in the last 30 years ) the idea of a long range cycle trip for anyone but the very wealthy or very fit is still a dream.

At least some councils and some cafes/pubs have started to offer a charging point as a service to cyclists , but who wants to waste 1/2 the day waiting for your battery to recharge

regards emma

johneb

Pedelecer
Aug 3, 2013

whereswally606

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 4, 2012
I've recently begun again cycle to work. 22miles each way heald green to Runcorn. I will tell you this, after 2 weeks and 5 there and backs (200miles) my behind is feeling it. So much so my attention turned again to recumbents. If you think you'd be okay doing 400miles in one hit I'd put money on you not finishing. Padded cycling shorts help and i ride a heavy full sus downhill converted bike. But still my saddle ain't soft and if recumbents were cheaper I'd already own one.

twinkle

E-Triker
May 14, 2013
Peacehaven nr Brighton
I've recently begun again cycle to work. 22miles each way heald green to Runcorn. I will tell you this, after 2 weeks and 5 there and backs (200miles) my behind is feeling it. So much so my attention turned again to recumbents. If you think you'd be okay doing 400miles in one hit I'd put money on you not finishing. Padded cycling shorts help and i ride a heavy full sus downhill converted bike. But still my saddle ain't soft and if recumbents were cheaper I'd already own one.
Take a look at the atomic zombie website the Voyageur is the easiest LWB recumbent bike to build , and could be built in a weekend after preparing the bits , we built one in 3 days start to finish - complete . 26" rear wheel and 20" bmx front .

It rode well , its the learning curve that I found different to a conventional DF ,
Once mastered the ride was very smooth and fast

regards emma.

whereswally606

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 4, 2012
Ha great minds just after I posted I saw the link above and am currently browsing the pics. Will have a workshop soon so maybe my tinkering a will get more adventurous.