Looking at a wisper 905se

Malcolm Stephenson

Pedelecer
Apr 12, 2016
Hi Malcolm, absolutely no bother at all, great to talk to you. It very much depends on the baby carrier. The best thing to do is talk to Liam in Leicester, he will advise you.

The new Wisper SE and Torque frames all come with 10 year warranties, however drilling the frame would negate that. I imagine that Liam will be able to find a solution. Would you like me to speak to him on your behalf?

All the best, David
Wow thank you
Yes if you could mention to Liam that I would be purchasing the bike and the trailer from him so what ever he recommended i would be happy with that

All being well I will be popping in over the next few days depending on work commitments but will call in advance to arrange a mutually convenient time

Thank you David

Malcolm

Reactions: Wisper Bikes

Tiggy

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 10, 2016
I'm also considering a 905se. Didn't realise there were no shocks on the front. Am test driving one on friday so will see how it feels.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi Tiggy, Welcome to the forum!

Delighted to read you are considering a Wisper! Where will you be test riding it?

We can do a no charge change and supply with front suspension forks, the saving I make not supplying the new Wisper light weight blades and replacing them with the basic Top Gun suspension forks allows me make the change for free.

Please do try the bike with the blade forks first, the ride and handling is far superior to bikes with cheap suspension forks and we save over a kilo in weight.

All the best, and good luck on the test ride.

David

Tiggy

Apr 10, 2016
e-bikes direct or something. Based in Bodium in East Sussex.

Will try the regular forks. I'm still fairly new to having suspension on a bike anyway.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
They are very good, they will look after you. Please let me know how you get on?

If you prefer suspension forks let them know and we will fit for you.

Best regards

David

Tiggy

Apr 10, 2016
Well, it all went very well.

Tried picking it up - No problem, even with the battery in.

The lag when setting off - When you set off you put the pedal up, then push off with your standing foot and put all your weight on the pedal. By the time the pedal has reached the bottom of it's stroke the motor has kicked in meaning the lag is no real issue. And hill starts are fine unless you start in top gear, which is always a daft idea.

Noise - Insignificant. A faint hum.

At the moment if you want to use just the throttle you need to turn the wheels a bit too. Would it be possible to undo that feature?

Forgot to check the handlebars. I do like end bars to my handlebars. I like to be able to change grips when on a long trip. I assume that wouldn't be possible as the grips were moulded round the ends of the bars. Am I right?

Nice details and styling.

Is it a regular style saddle attachment? I want to put on my current lovely gel saddle!

Reactions: Wisper Bikes

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Well, it all went very well.

Tried picking it up - No problem, even with the battery in.

The lag when setting off - When you set off you put the pedal up, then push off with your standing foot and put all your weight on the pedal. By the time the pedal has reached the bottom of it's stroke the motor has kicked in meaning the lag is no real issue. And hill starts are fine unless you start in top gear, which is always a daft idea.

Noise - Insignificant. A faint hum.

At the moment if you want to use just the throttle you need to turn the wheels a bit too. Would it be possible to undo that feature?

Forgot to check the handlebars. I do like end bars to my handlebars. I like to be able to change grips when on a long trip. I assume that wouldn't be possible as the grips were moulded round the ends of the bars. Am I right?

Nice details and styling.

Is it a regular style saddle attachment? I want to put on my current lovely gel saddle!
Hi Tiggy,

I am really delighted you like your new Wisper, thanks for you business!

To answer your questions.

For the bike to be legal in the UK you have to be turning the pedals for the throttle to operate over 4mph. As long as the pedals are turning forward the throttle can be used to regulate the amount of assistance you require.

The saddle attachment is regular so you can easily change the saddle.

Yo can change the grips of alternatively cut the ends off the grips with a stanly knife, you can then fit your end bars.

Enjoy!

Best regards

David