Looking for a kit with/without battery. Preferably Bafang

SocoNina

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 3, 2016
I own a 250W Bafang and would like to upgrade with a used one as my budget is not the bigest :)

D

Deleted member 4366

Can you explain a bit more what you're trying to achieve. Bafang are good motors. What do you mean by "upgrade".

What exactly do you have at the moment: Battery, controller, control panel and motor?

SocoNina

Apr 3, 2016
Hi D8veh, thanks for the reply!

Now I have an old 250W hub, simple 5 levels control panel (RAT) and I don't knwo the controller. The battery is just a 36v/10Ah. I bought this kit used also.
The main reason I want to upgrade is because it goes (as most 250W) only up to 25/26 km/h and my (non-electric) average speed is 29/31 km/h. So it basically only helps me when I start or after a tight turn.
I will give this kit to my wife after I get another one. We live in Amsterdam and the bicycle is our main mode of transport. We both own 6-7 y.o. Gazelle Torrente.

friendly1uk

Pedelecer
Mar 24, 2013
Did Dave get lost?
The 25.5km/h is an EU limit. It's likely your bike can reach the speeds you can, If it can be unlocked. Often just a white wire that needs unplugging. I can't see what your bike is though. It could likely manage 35km/h with 48v and new controller, but again, I don't see what motor it is.

D

Deleted member 4366

You can get a substantial increase in speed and power with your present motor. You'd need a new 48v battery and controller, which will cost about £300. You could probably sell your old battery, controller and other stuff. This one mounts on the dowtube and comes with all the kit:

This one costs 425 euros including shipping. You have to add VAT.
https://bmsbattery.com/ebike-battery/774-48v116ah-case-08-bottle-panasonic-battery-pack-battery.html

This one is about 340 euros:
https://bmsbattery.com/ebike-battery/770-48v10ah-case-02-18650-battery-pack-battery.html

My guess is that you have a speed limit on your motor, which you can probably release to let the motor go faster than 25km/h. Show us a picture of the LCD on the handlebars.

SocoNina

Apr 3, 2016
Thank you for the replies!
My motor is swxk36v250w(...).
Would it be safe for this motor to pair it with a 48v battery and 15/20amp controller? This would mean 600-1000W from this motor.

Attachments

SocoNina

Apr 3, 2016
I want to buy a 48v accu soon and a 30-40amps controller that I will be able to use with other motors also.

D

Deleted member 4366

Thank you for the replies!
My motor is swxk36v250w(...).
Would it be safe for this motor to pair it with a 48v battery and 15/20amp controller? This would mean 600-1000W from this motor.
An SWX can run fine at 48v. 18A is a safe limit for hill-climbing. 20A is OK if you keep the speed up.

Those 48v batteries from BMSBattery that have included controllers have controllers that use current control. You have 5 levels of current. You'll only need level 5 for cruising at maximum speed, which will be about 38 to 40km/h.