Looking for a lightweight folding e-bike?

Discussion in 'Which electric bike should I buy?' started by Farleymarley, Apr 8, 2017.

1. ncpdnc

ncpdnc Finding my (electric) wheels

Hi :)

I have been looking at this bike as an option among others.
    Frankly, the 6.8Ah Battery :eek: is a bit off putting.
    May I ask, how is this bike holding up for you?
    I am looking to commute 14 miles each way, "stowing" it away under a desk and don't have to worry about security. :oops:
    May I ask, have you considered any other option when going for this? Would you recommend this Raleigh to someone else? :rolleyes:

2. swagtron

swagtron Just Joined

The Swagtron electric bike is a solid bet! Swagtron is also having a sale at the moment. If you're looking for a different price point check out the recertified version of the Foldable E-Bike.

3. Charliefox

Charliefox Finding my (electric) wheels

I have a Witter bike rack that attaches with a plate bolted behind the tow ball. Means it can still be used when towing...try to avoid those max lock turns though! Generally rear racks are a pain if your bike does not have a normal crossbar. My Giant frames were too tight and had to fork out more buying adjustable False crossbars. Which can scratch the handle bars on a long holiday. They also got very grubby! But normally they fit inside my Berlingo.
    Much safer too in theft hotspots!

4. Phil Forde

Phil Forde Just Joined

I have gocycle gs,- light folds, low step,
    wonderful to ride, and costs 2500. Perfect.

5. Francis Albert

Francis Albert Just Joined

I have a Mate. folding bike but it's so heavy it really cannot be considered portable.
    Walking around with it really isn't possible,unlike the ads they promote and I can't even stick it in my fiesta boot without both the back seats going down but foldabilty was low on my list so not too bothered.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice