Looking for an ebike enthusiast near Manchester UK

sapo

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 7, 2012
Australia
Hi I am an Aussie in Aussie and I have an ebike in Manchester. It is a beautiful new black MTB but it has some wiring problem. I am looking for someone who has a few clues to rub together re electricity to fix it. If you know someone appropriate please let me know.

Cheers,
Sapoty

Cakey

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 4, 2012
Any ideas if they can travel with it ?
And what the symptoms are.

sapo

May 7, 2012
Australia
The symptoms...

Any ideas if they can travel with it ?
And what the symptoms are.
They have not got it going.
The power turns on and lights up the PAS selector on the handlebar, but they cant get any movement in the motor.

Wondering if you might take a look at it.... ?
I think the first step would be to measure voltages in and out of the twist throttle. Do you need me to describe the throttle voltages? Have you got a multimeter?

The easiest way to track down the problem is to put another bike beside it and plug the throttle into the good bike. Test. Then plug the motor into the good bike and test.

I think the problem is going to be wiring to the throttle or wiring to the motor: either an open circuit or a miss-wiring.

I know simple multimeter tests you can do for the motor wires too.

There is also a problem with the wiring of the lights, but that is not so important.

Right now the bike is near the outskirts of Blackburn, but it can be taken back to central Manchester if that would suit you.

Cakey

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 4, 2012
If they are near Blackburn , valley scooters is nearby , easier for ian to check it over.

sapo

May 7, 2012
Australia
Ian does not want to fix it because it is not one of his that he is familiar with.

So I am still casting around for someone willing to have a look at it....

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
Bring it to us at our New Mills branch. Leave it for a week.

Davanti

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 10, 2012
Bring it to us at our New Mills branch. Leave it for a week.
Ah! New Mills! Did I pass through there on the way from Stockport to Hayfield? Happy days.

sapo

May 7, 2012
Australia
Hi Bob,

I could not locate your store in New Mills on Google Maps. What is the address, please.

Sapoty

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
BS Mills
Buxton Road
SK12 2PY
01663 308 409
Trade: Mon - Friday
Public: Thursday, Friday Saturday, 10.00am to 4.00pm