Help! Looking for folding ebike, a bit worried about power and hill climbing

flying_unipig

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 2, 2024
Hello pedelecs people,

I currently have a Cube touring ebike, with a Bosch mid drive motor. There are lots of things I love about it, but I am unable to fit it in my car or even most trains, so it really limits the use I get out of it. I originally bought it for commuting, but my circumstances changed, so I mainly use it for leisure trips on trails and the occasional ride in town. Due to my health deteriorating I can't do long rides, so I feel very limited by only being able to use it within a short distance of my house.

I've also moved house and don't have space to store it now, so it lives in the living room and it's a pain to take in and out.

So all of the above to say that I think the answer for me is a folder.

I've been doing lots of research and browsing the forums here, and I think Woosh or Wisper folders are my top contenders. Possibly Wisper due to the torque sensor, as I quite like the feel of that on my Cube.

However, my main worry is how would the power of these rear drive motors compare to my Cube. As mentioned, I have limited ability, can't put a huge amount of effort into pedalling. I understand that cadence sensor might be better in that scenario, but most of the time I get on well with the torque sensor on my current bike and I do enjoy the feel and the ride, so I'm a bit worried about switching to cadence.

I am also a larger rider, at around 100kg.

Sorry for all that background. I guess my question after all that is, what could I expect from the Wisper and Woosh in terms of power, compared to Bosch mid-drive motor? Especially on hill climbs. I worry that any less 'help' than what's given by my Cube would not be enough to allow me to ride regularly.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated!

Reactions: Woosh

Laffin ebike

Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2022
Hello pedelecs people,

I currently have a Cube touring ebike, with a Bosch mid drive motor. There are lots of things I love about it, but I am unable to fit it in my car or even most trains, so it really limits the use I get out of it. I originally bought it for commuting, but my circumstances changed, so I mainly use it for leisure trips on trails and the occasional ride in town. Due to my health deteriorating I can't do long rides, so I feel very limited by only being able to use it within a short distance of my house.

I've also moved house and don't have space to store it now, so it lives in the living room and it's a pain to take in and out.

So all of the above to say that I think the answer for me is a folder.

I've been doing lots of research and browsing the forums here, and I think Woosh or Wisper folders are my top contenders. Possibly Wisper due to the torque sensor, as I quite like the feel of that on my Cube.

However, my main worry is how would the power of these rear drive motors compare to my Cube. As mentioned, I have limited ability, can't put a huge amount of effort into pedalling. I understand that cadence sensor might be better in that scenario, but most of the time I get on well with the torque sensor on my current bike and I do enjoy the feel and the ride, so I'm a bit worried about switching to cadence.

I am also a larger rider, at around 100kg.

Sorry for all that background. I guess my question after all that is, what could I expect from the Wisper and Woosh in terms of power, compared to Bosch mid-drive motor? Especially on hill climbs. I worry that any less 'help' than what's given by my Cube would not be enough to allow me to ride regularly.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated!
I've got a Carrera Cross City folding E-bike .
Had it 2 and a half years now, it's ACE, like a little duracell bunny.