Looking for owners in Gloucestershire or London

Ultra Motor

Esteemed Pedelecer
Hi All:

We are putting together a viral video to help support the use of the throttle. I need to interview a couple of e-bike riders in either the Gloucestershire area (as that's home!) or in London (Monday or Tuesday next week).

Anyone about for a 15 minute interview?

Thanks
Mark

Haku

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 20, 2007
Gloucestershire
I am in Gloucestershire but I'm probably not the right advocate for use of the throttle over pedal-assist as the pedal sensors on both my Urban Mover ebikes don't work so they're both limited to throttle-assist only :D

Because the throttle is derestricted on my main ebike I can get up to 20mph without pedalling, before the torque sensor stopped working a year and half ago I already found myself using the throttle much more than relying on the pedal-assist because it allows much smoother regulation of the assisted power when pedalling, and on the flat I can pedal in low gear without the motor kicking in and therefore extend the (ageing 2 year old) battery range.

Ultra Motor

Esteemed Pedelecer
I am in Gloucestershire but I'm probably not the right advocate for use of the throttle over pedal-assist as the pedal sensors on both my Urban Mover ebikes don't work so they're both limited to throttle-assist only :D

Because the throttle is derestricted on my main ebike I can get up to 20mph without pedalling, before the torque sensor stopped working a year and half ago I already found myself using the throttle much more than relying on the pedal-assist because it allows much smoother regulation of the assisted power when pedalling, and on the flat I can pedal in low gear without the motor kicking in and therefore extend the (ageing 2 year old) battery range.
Hi Haku

You maybe suitable. We are putting a viral together to combat the accusations of e-bikes being mopeds....Are you about to the latter part of next week and willing to be asked a few questions?

Thanks
Mark

Haku

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 20, 2007
Gloucestershire
Yeah I'm about next week, I'm more at ease behind a camera instead of in front but I'll give it a shot, especially if it helps the throttle crusade :)

Haku

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 20, 2007
Gloucestershire
BTW, are you affilitated with Urban Mover? I ask because the batteries on the Ride 26 & Peak bikes appear to be identical to the ones used on Urban Movers and your Cheltenham industrial estate address is the same as Urban Movers, which I've been to a few times in the past, the first when I visited to test ride a couple of bikes before buying my UM36.

I could do with a new battery before the end of the year, my 2nd one I'm currently using is 2 years old and starting to show its age, so will be looking to buy a replacement or re-cell mr 4 year old one before the cold weather of winter takes its toll on the capactiy of my currnet battery.

BTW, the Peak bike looks the business, if I didn't have my UM36 and was looking to buy one that would be the top of the list.

Ultra Motor

Esteemed Pedelecer
BTW, are you affilitated with Urban Mover? I ask because the batteries on the Ride 26 & Peak bikes appear to be identical to the ones used on Urban Movers and your Cheltenham industrial estate address is the same as Urban Movers, which I've been to a few times in the past, the first when I visited to test ride a couple of bikes before buying my UM36.

I could do with a new battery before the end of the year, my 2nd one I'm currently using is 2 years old and starting to show its age, so will be looking to buy a replacement or re-cell mr 4 year old one before the cold weather of winter takes its toll on the capactiy of my currnet battery.

BTW, the Peak bike looks the business, if I didn't have my UM36 and was looking to buy one that would be the top of the list.
We used to distribute Urban Mover, but no longer. We have instead developed our range of bikes. The battery design is the same and there is no reason why one of the Fast4ward batteries wouldn't work for your Urban Mover.

Thanks for your comments on the Peak! Where abouts in Gloucestershire are you?

Haku

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 20, 2007
Gloucestershire
I'm in Stroud.

Too many ebikes to me say "bicycle" whereas the UM36 and the Peak say "bike", a properly engineered frame that incorporates the battery without looking like it was shoehorned in or stuck on the pannier rack and looks more mountain style than commuter style, something especially needed with the ever increasing number of potholes on the crumbling roads.